Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

adultery case if both parties are abroad, is that possible?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

katarina

Arresto Menor

magandang araw po.. i need some sort of enlightenment..

My husband and I are both US permament residents. We have been married for 9 years when our marriage started to breakdown. I filed for a divorce here, fully aware that it will not be recognized in the Philippines. But I needed to get our legal and financial affairs separated so I went ahead and filed for divorce. Both our applications for citizenship are pending. Now I went to the Philippines to talk to a lawyer about annulment. and for a vacation too. while there i reconnected with an old flame.. my husband found out about it and stole the hard drive of my laptop and was able to get a copy of pictures of us. there is a couple of pics that though we are clothed, we are obviously on a bed together. now he is not contesting our divorce in the US but he has threatened to file an adultery case against me in the Philippines. Is it possible for him to do that while he is abroad? can I get an affidavit from him stating he pardons me here in the US and use that in the Philippines in case he does file? Thank you to everyone who can give me any insight.

complicated.life

Arresto Menor

Atty, pano naman po kung nag-file ng divorce sa ibang bansa,pagdating ba dito sa pilipinas kelangan pa rin annulment ang i-file para mapawalang-bisa ang kasal? Neutral

attyLLL

katarina, yes, it is possible for him to file a case here. yes, you can use a statement of pardon, if he is willing to sign one (but why would he?) your positive defense is that the pictures do not conclusively prove that you had sexual relations.

complicated, if he was still a filipino citizen when divorce was filed, yes.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum