Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prevent Credit Card Company Sharing Info with Credit Ref Agency

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

haggis

Arresto Menor

In a dispute with my credit card company.

The have failed to provide a true copy of my credit agreement (Ive had my local trading standards officer confirm that what they have supplied is not a true copy).

Its my understanding that until they provide a true copy the debt is in dispute, and as such the OFTs dispouted debt guidelines apply. These state that the lender cannot add charges or interest or share information with credit reference agencies. Nevertheless, they have continued to add interest and charges onto this account (depsite my numerous letters). I recieved a letter recentley stating that if I do not make payment they will be marking missed payments on my credit file. So not only will they be breaching the OFTs guidelines by sharing information wirth credit reference agencies whilst the debt is in dispute, they willl also be breaching the Data Protection Act (as they have unlawfully added charges and interest whilst the debt has been in dispute the balance is innacurate).

Is there any way I can stop them doing this? Perhaps an injunction?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum