Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Help me About my Assignment ARTICLE 3 SECTION 13.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Herbert18

Arresto Menor

can u help me about the aricle 3 section 13 in policital science or give some explanation or example this cases. please coz i dont have any idea of my assignment for my report. thank you

ijca

Arresto Menor

Section 13. Right to bail

Who are entitled to bail:

1) All persons ACTUALLY DETAINED
2) shall, BEFORE CONVICTION
3) Be entitled to bail.

Who are not entitled to bail:

1) Persons charged with offenses PUNISHABLE by RECLUSION PERPETUA or DEATH, when evidence of guilt is strong

2) Persons CONVICTED by the trial court. Bail is only discretionary pending appeal.

3) Persons who are members of the AFP facing a court martial.

Other rights in relation to bail.

1) The right to bail shall NOT be impaired even when the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus is suspended.

2) Excessive bail shall not be required.

Factors considered in setting the amount of bail:

1) Ability to post bail

2) Nature of the offense

3) Penalty imposed by law

4) Character and reputation of the accused
5) Health of the accused

6) Strength of the evidence

7) Probability of appearing at the trial

Cool Forfeiture of previous bail bonds

9) Whether accused was a fugitive from justice when arrested

10) If accused is under bond in other cases

Implicit limitations on the right to bail:

1. The person claiming the right must be in actual detention or custody of the law.

2. The constitutional right is available only in criminal cases, not, e.g. in deportation proceedings.

Note:

1. Right to bail is not available in the military.

2. Apart from bail, a person may attain provisional liberty through recognizance, which is an obligation of record entered into before a court guaranteeing the appearance of the accused for trial. It is in the nature of a contract between the surety and the state.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum