Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rent Control Act

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rent Control Act Empty Rent Control Act Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm

dalegabs

Arresto Menor

I was wondering, since this act already expired 3 months ago what would it mean for the violators of this act? Does that mean that they could just get away with violating the act until the act is renewed? Or maybe even permanently implemented?

I had an encounter with a lessor demanding a 3 month deposit for their unit and had a bit of an argument with her. I said that is illegal, the maximum deposit allowable deposit is 2 months. Only to find out that the act expired 3 months ago. She said they had this policy for years now, but now that the act is expired I can't even complain.

I read an article on GMA news that the updated law would be implemented retroactively effective January 1, 2009 but I can't confirm if this is true. If this is true where should I file a complaint? I hate it when Filipinos take advantage of other Filipinos. I wan't to do something to get them to straighten up their act.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum