Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Innocent Person received resolution for qualified theft/estafa

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ioslooney

Arresto Menor

my husband has received a resolution just yesterday (nov 9, 2011)- Qualified Theft/Estafa. He was a former finance clerk in one school and he was made to falsify receipts by his school director for working fund purposes, as working funds from the head office in manila always send delayed checks.

whenever he is absent, the school director will accept payments as well as the property custodian and will submit the cash collections already insufficient as both have grabbed a certain amount on the collection for personal purposes.

the time came when an audit officer did some auditing and it was found out that certain receipts was falsified. since my husband was directly in-charge, he was suspended and was told not to go inside the school premises.

he was too kind that he opt not to tell the management that the school director and the property custodian are involved and he was only mandated to do so. it was also learned that the vice president when he had a visit on the school also asked for some funds via the tuition fees from the students.

the saddest thing is he was not even given the chance to defend himself, no subpoenas, and was not able to make a counter affidavit. he just learned he has a case when he received a resolution.

also, the complainant specified in the resolution was the school/school director's name.

my husband is so depressed..he was intensely abused. how come this school abuses their employees this way. he was left with nothing when he suspended and finally decided to resign to avoid humiliation.

please help...i am afraid my husband might do something very bad.

attyLLL

so is he charged with estafa or qualified theft?

he can file a motion for reinvestigation within 5 days or a motion for reconsideration so he can file a counter affidavit.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ioslooney

Arresto Menor

Smile yes he was charged by both i think (heading of the resolution says Qualified theft but on the body is ESTAFA with erasures)...he didn't even know he has a case.

how long does it take the warrant of arrest will be issued? We received the resolution in nov.9 but it was dated oct 3, 2011.

can he file labor charges in the school and moral damages as well.

i am very furious with the school. they ruined my husband's career and future. he's a licensed CPA and now he just do some crafts to make money.

I am very happy you have this site..just too timely with our present problem.

Thank you very much..

attyLLL

in that case, there may be a warrant already. go find out what court the case was assigned to and file bail asap. the police can arrest him if the warrant is already out.

ioslooney

Arresto Menor

the amount specified is 112K+..how much is the bail? if hel be arrested, how many years does he have to stay on jail.

attyLLL

you can inquire with the court

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum