Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suspension due to a facebook post

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Suspension due to a facebook post Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:17 pm

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

I am given a suspension for 12 days without pay due to a post i made on facebook about my co-employee.

2Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 pm

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

need legal advice po

3Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:12 pm

attyLLL

were you given a notice to explain? did you file your explanation and an admin hearing conducted?

what did you say about your co-worker?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:49 am

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

to attyLL

yes sir i was given a notice to explain, i filed it but there was no admin hearing conducted.

2 months has already passed before the suspension was given.

the complain stemmed from a post i made in my facebook, referring to my co-worker as being manipulative and "bakla", it was a way of mine to blow of steam because of the former spreading rumors about me.

5Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 pm

attyLLL

imo, a 12 day suspension is a bit harsh, but if you will contest it, you can file a complaint at the nlrc.

6Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 am

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the advice Sir. God bless.

7Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 pm

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

Sir attyLLL,

I just received a memo from our HR Executive Director regarding my appeal, that the decision imposed on me (6 days suspension without pay) for the case, calling my officemate "manipulative", was upheld. While the case for calling "bakla" (also 6 days suspension without pay) is deferred, pending a review.

Sir can i still make an appeal, or file a complaint with nlrc, regarding the upheld decision?

8Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm

attyLLL

is manipulative the word you used? i can't imagine imposing a suspension for that. you can contest the suspension at nlrc

9Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:48 am

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

yes sir, "manipulative" is the word i used

Sir, i just got a copy of our CBA

in Article XII, Section 5

it states that: If no administrative action is conducted by the HRD Director within ten (10) working days from knowledge by the department head/officer-in-charge or the security office of a violation by an employee of University rules/policies and regulations and offenses enumerated under Article 282 of the Labor Code as amended, the case shall be considered closed.

can i used this to file for another appeal?

10Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am

black_mamba29

Arresto Menor

sir i got an explanation from our Union president regarding Section 5, the HRD did not violate it.

but with regards to Article XII, Section 4

which states that: No employee shall be dismissed, suspended or demoted except for a just and lawful cause and after due process. The employee concerned shall be informed in writing of the charges against him and shall be allowed representation by counsel or a Union Representative at any investigation or hearing.

11Suspension due to a facebook post Empty Re: Suspension due to a facebook post Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:42 pm

attyLLL

you should inquire with your union. they are in a better position to help you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum