Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need help about affidavit of desistance.

+2
joana
isabeldv
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

isabeldv

Arresto Menor

My brother was caught shoplifting and a case of theft was filed on him. The grocery granted our request that the case be withdrawn. They want me to get the affidavit if desistnce at the city hall. But the police told me that the complainant must be the one to present it before going to the fiscal's office? What should I do? Thanks.

joana

Arresto Mayor

yes the police is right.. yung complainant talaga ang kailangang mag process niyan.. kasi they will sign the affidavit of desistance then ipa file nila don sa korte..per0 pwede rin kay0ng sumama

joana

Arresto Mayor

Hey i'm not a lawyer ha.. I just share my little knowing ..

attyLLL

and i agree with joana

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

joana

Arresto Mayor

.I'm learning on you Atty. thanks so much sa mga inf0. it's really a big help to me

edp

Arresto Menor

Help po. If nag sign na ng affidavit of desistance yung complainant hindi na po ba sya pwede mag file ng case? thanks

attyLLL

it depends on what is written on the affidavit.

edp

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply. Nakasulat naman sa affidavit na not interested to pursue a case. Sa harap ng abogado nya sya nag sign then na notary naman. Maari po ba sya mag file ng case sa prosecutor's office? Thanks po ulit.

attyLLL

if that's all he said, i will argue he can still file the case.

edp

Arresto Menor

thanks sir. Ano po ba dapat nakasulat para hindi na makapag file ng case? Ask ko lang din kung pwede ba na lawyer yung mag appear sa subpoena ng client? thanks

attyLLL

it should be something that means that he made a mistake in accusing the respondent. counsel can appear, but he cannot be the one to execute an affidavit.

edp

Arresto Menor

thanks atty. my subpoena is RIRI.The complainant already signed an affidavit of desistance releasing me from responsibility before he filed the complaint. I was away from home when the complaint was served by the police. My cousin received it and informed me. It was stated in his statement that I didn't help with the hospital expenses for his 2nd operation of his fractured leg last july which is not true. We gave him money enough for his operation and medicines. He agreed and we let him sign an affidavit of desistance. After that I haven't heard anything from him until this october when the complaint arrived. Pls. advise me atty. I don't know what is the best thing to do. Can i ignore the subpoena since I didn't personally receive it? Do I have to go home to the province because I got this complaint? I'm working now here in manila and this is bothering me. I am thinking of not going home and just letting someone represent me to submit the affidavit of desistance to the prosecutor with the counter affidavit. Or can I reschedule the date which is on Nov. 9 to delay it so I can prepare for it? What should I do atty. Pls. help me. Thanks

attyLLL

you have to prepare a counter affidavit and submit the desistance. if it can't be done by 09 nov, then at least send someone to represent you at the hearing. don't ignore it.

edp

Arresto Menor

thanks so much atty sa pag reply agad. Do I need to submit the counter affidavit on nov 9? Or pwede po ba na affidavit of desistance muna on nov 9 then to follow nalang yung counter affidavit kasi dito ko nalang gagawin sa manila then mail it sa province to be submitted sa prosecutor.baka kasi ma late ng dating kasi holiday sa monday. In case po baka di dumating on nov 9. Also,do I have to present receipts na nakapagbigay ako ng pera sa kanya? Thanks po ng marami.

edp

Arresto Menor

Atty, what are my chances? thanks again.

Additional question po atty.Is it necessary na lawyer talaga mag represent sa akin on Nov 9 to submit the desistance? And pwede po ba mag punta yung representative ko before nov 9 sa prosecutor to present the desistance? O kelangan po talaga sa nov 9 lang?
Thanks po ng marami for your time!

attyLLL

try to send a representative with the affid of desistance on 09 nov. hopefully the complainant will go also and affirm the affidavit.

edp

Arresto Menor

thanks so much for your help atty! hoping for the best tomorrow.

dmarkos

Arresto Menor

hi, ilang araw lang ba dapat makapagfile ka ng counter affidavit? im a civil engineer & i dont know anything about laws..yung younger brother ko kasi may kaso ngayun at nasa detention cell sya ngayun kasi isa sya sa suspek sa murder case na dinideny na man ng kapatid ko..paano ba mg.counter affidavit? your reply is highly appreciated..

edp

Arresto Menor

usually submit the counter affidavit on the date naka set sa subpoena. Kung di kayo maka pag present on that date you can file motion for extension. 10 days yan. much better mag pa assist sa lawyer when making counter affidavit and motion for extension.

nemrac

Arresto Menor

helo po atty, ask ko lng po if binigyan tayo ng summon from barangay for confrontation, kalangan po ba talaga tayong pupunta? Pano po pag ininform ko ung barangay na hindi ako makakapunta kc may trabaho po ako, pwde po ba nla ako ipapik up kahit nagpareciv ako ng letter sa kanila na hindi ako makapunta? Different barangay po kami ng complainant. Tinawagan ko po ung complainant requesting them na pupunta ako sa office nila during saturday to settle my unpaid balance ng loan kc wla ako work ng saturday pero nag refused po sila kc gusto nila sa barangay kami mag confrontation.Tulungan nyo po ako atty parang hinaharass po kc ako ng complainant pati na sa barangay. Salamat po.

21I need help about affidavit of desistance. Empty Summon from Barangay Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 pm

nemrac

Arresto Menor

helo po atty, ask ko lng po if binigyan tayo ng summon from barangay for confrontation, kalangan po ba talaga tayong pupunta? Pano po pag ininform ko ung barangay na hindi ako makakapunta kc may trabaho po ako, pwde po ba nla ako ipapik up kahit nagpareciv ako ng letter sa kanila na hindi ako makapunta? Different barangay po kami ng complainant. Tinawagan ko po ung complainant requesting them na pupunta ako sa office nila during saturday to settle my unpaid balance ng loan kc wla ako work ng saturday pero nag refused po sila kc gusto nila sa barangay kami mag confrontation.Tulungan nyo po ako atty parang hinaharass po kc ako ng complainant pati na sa barangay. Salamat po.

attyLLL

dmarkos, if he requests to file a counter affidavit, did the prosecutor finish the inquest?

nemrac, you can be cited for contempt, but if this is a company, you can argue that the bgy has no jurisdiction over corporations

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum