Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qualified Theft?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Qualified - Qualified Theft? Empty Qualified Theft? Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm

maimai

Arresto Menor

Hi,

A relative committed some stupid mistake of stealing from the office where she works the amount of 5.5M. After her manager found out about it, the manager covered it up with the board and brought my relative to a lawyer to sign what looked like a promisory note saying that her salary + that of her husband's must be collected by the Company where she works for to gradually pay for the stolen money. My relative was not given a copy of the said "document" she signed with the lawyer and the Company manager.

A few months after that first incident of stealing, she again stole money amounting to 200K...again, the Company manager covered up for her and continued her employment in the condition that she pays for the total amount of money taken.

My questions are:

1. Doe she have the right to demand from the Company or the lawyer a copy of the promisory note she signed?
2. What possible criminal case/s may be filed by the Company against her?
3. How can she possibly defend herself in case a criminal case is filed?

Thank you.

2Qualified - Qualified Theft? Empty Re: Qualified Theft? Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm

attyLLL

1) she can request for it.
2) how did she get the money?
3) it depends on what evidence will be presented against her.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum