Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qualified theft

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Qualified - Qualified theft Empty Qualified theft Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

kimtsui

Arresto Menor

I would like to ask for some advice regarding qualified theft?

my brother is working at the bank, due to unexplained reason he used the money of one account for personal reason, the account holder came to the bank looking for the money, the bank then shoulder first what my brother has taken without telling the account holder.

because of this my brother was suspended there were initial talk and the bank ask my brother to pay whatever he has taken. my brother obliged and has given the full amount of what he has taken.

upon receiving the money after a few days the bank issue a subpoena to my brother regarding qualified theft of what he has done

My question is can the bank still pursue for qualified theft for my brother even though all obligations has been paid already

hoping for any legal advice that you may offer

2Qualified - Qualified theft Empty Re: Qualified theft Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 am

kimtsui

Arresto Menor

Are there anyone who can help me with this legal matter

3Qualified - Qualified theft Empty Re: Qualified theft Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 am

lawddesign

lawyer

a bank cannot issue a subpoena.it is only the court.

did your brother sign any document upon payment of the full amount of the stolen money?

while generally settlement of the amount only refers to the civil liability but in most instance if the perpetrator was able to settle the civil liability, the complainant withdraws the complaint.

your brother should have asked the bank if he can be exonerated considering that he was able to settle the stolen money.

4Qualified - Qualified theft Empty Re: Qualified theft Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm

kimtsui

Arresto Menor

we only receive receipt that the bank has accepted the money

if the bank pushes through with the qualified theft, what are the things we should know about. can they realy file a case against my brother since its already been paid or settled

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum