Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

civil case : sum of money

+9
Richie Poor
xhrissy
scully6
silverduck
MJ Villanueva
inquisitiveme
johnmarkviceo
attyLLL
bothered
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1civil case : sum of money Empty civil case : sum of money Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

bothered

Arresto Menor

good afternoon.my husband and I got a summon from Makati metropolitan court last Thursday for a civil case. this is for our credit card which we failed to pay since early last year. they were demanding us to reply in 10 days. honestly, we cannot afford to pay the principal amount of 141K (but the CC company says that it is now almost 600K) nor hire a lawyer to represent us. we've been in financial difficulties since i gave birth to a premature baby last March 2010. I have tried to call and negotiate with the CC company but they refuse to let us pay the principal amt. only. They were asking us to pay PhP10,400/mo. for 3 years. it is a huge amount and we can't afford the amt. they asked me to call and negotiate with the collecting agency. I have not tried calling the agency yet. I know that civil case will not get us imprisoned. but I am worried on what extent could happen if we don't get to participate in hearings and pay the amt due us. is it true that sheriff will be authorized to take personal properties if we don't get to pay cash. we don't have any properties like house and lot or car. we are staying in a relative's house. though most of the furniture and appliances are ours, will the sheriff be taking them? my husband works in a private company...will the sheriff also have permission to take his salary? please help me out on this. it is such a great relief to have a site that offers free legal advice. thank u in advance

2civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:54 pm

attyLLL

most sheriffs will not garnish wages, but they can take properties.

if you do not participate in the proceedings, the faster it will be. your first step is to file an answer. the normal defense is to claim that the rate of interest and penalties are unconscionable making it impossible for you to ever able to pay.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 pm

bothered

Arresto Menor

much as i wanted to answer wala naman po ako pera to hire a lawyer. can I answer the summon myself o dapat po talaga lawyer?tnx po

4civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

attyLLL

sorry, but i could never recommend the preparation of an answer without a lawyer's assistance.

5civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:17 pm

johnmarkviceo

Arresto Menor

atty jurisdiction pa ba ng city court or municipal trial court in cities ang collection of money cases above 200k plus na i thought kase sa region na pag ganito right?

6civil case : sum of money Empty writ of execution Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 am

inquisitiveme

Arresto Menor

Nagfile na po ang bank ng motion for writ of execution. tanong ko lang po kung pwede ko pang ibenta ang property ko to pay them off para naman di baratin ito pag sila ang nagbenta. Papano po ang procedure pag naka pagfile na sila writ of execution. Anu-ano po ang makukuha nilang pag-aari namin? Salamat po.

7civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 am

attyLLL

john, it's 400k now.

inquisitive, what case is this? is there a mortgage on the property? writ of preliminary garnishment?

8civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:52 pm

MJ Villanueva

Arresto Menor

Good pm po. July 2010 may binili akong sasakyan para gamitin pang deliver, binayad ko check. Wala man kontrata. Kinabukasan pag gamit namin ng sasakyan nasiraan na agad. 3 beses. Sa pangatlong beses pinaiwan na sa talyer para ayusin. Yung may ari ang nagbayad ng pampaayos. Gabi na nang ibalik sa akin ang sasakyan. Nagrent na ako ng ibang sasakyan para madispose ang produkto kc masisira. Pinaabot ko na sa may-ari na ayoko na bilhin ang sasakyan pero dinala pa rin sa akin. So, naisip ko para di man sayang ang pinangkrudo ko at marami na rin gastos sa pag rent ng sasakyan..ginamit namin ng isang araw ang sasakyan ng nagkaso sakin. Baka sakaling ok na. Pero sabi ko i-hold muna ang check kc sira-sira nga un. Pina stop payment ko ung check kase wala sya sagot. may pondo man un. Pagkatapos nmin gamitin. Hindi na mapaandar ulit ang sasakyan. Sabi ko sa bayaw ng nagkaso (wala kc cellphone ung nagkaso. kapitbahay nya ang bayaw)kunin na ang sasakyan kc di mapaandar. Pero hindi na sila sumagot. Inabot ng ilang araw, tapos sa baranggay na nakipagusap. Pinapunta ko ang kasama ko sa business. Siya ang nakipagusap. Gusto nila pbyaran ang 11days daw na nasa amin ang sasakyan. Sabi ko pwde mgbayad kung yung 2days lang na ginamit ang sasakyan. Di nagkasundo.. yung sasakyan pig turn over sa baranggay. Nagkaso ng other deceits. Sinagot namin yung subpoena ng counter affidavit. Tapos nagpadala sya ng rejoinder to affidavit. Di man tinuloy ng abogadong kinuha nya ang pagkaso kase wala daw basehan.

Ngayong Sept2011 nagkaso ulit pero sa korte na.. Nagpadala ng summon Civil case sum of money and damages naman. Kase yung baranggay pinakuha na sa kanya ang sasakyan, tapos nakita nila na ninakaw na ang mga parts ng sasakyan. kaya pinababayaran sa akin ang 135k na halaga ng sasakyan, atty's acceptance fee at damages fee daw.

Ang tanong ko po.. May laban po ba ung nagkaso sakin?

9civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 am

attyLLL

i would say yes, because in buying second hand cars, there is no guarantee of the condition unless one is expressly made. you had every opportunity to inspect the vehicle.

you should also check with the prosecutor's office if a criminal case was filed against you.

10civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 pm

silverduck

Arresto Menor

HI Sir! I filed a estafa case but unfortunately it was denied and even so after filing an appeal. Civil or sum of collection of money lang daw puede ifile. Ask ko lang po kung dadaan pa rin po ba sa prosecutors office ung ifile kong civil case since sila na nagdecide na pang civil case lang puede ko ifile.

11civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:45 pm

attyLLL

no, you can file that directly in court

12civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 am

silverduck

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:no, you can file that directly in court

Thank you sir. Paano po ung mga procedure sa case of collection of money. Ano po ung writ of preliminary garnishment? 500k po kasi yung amount involved. And my prescribed period po ba ung pag file ng kaso. Kahit po ba 10 years na puwede ko pa rin siya idemanda? Thanks sir

13civil case : sum of money Empty garnishment Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 pm

scully6

Arresto Menor

i too have a civil case that has a writ already..there is garnishment of savings account already...i am just worried about salary garnishment, can they really do that??..go to our HR and garnish my salary?? what's the best thing to do if ever that happens?? please enlightment me on this matter.

14civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 am

xhrissy

Arresto Menor

Good morning!
I received Summons for Sum of Money and I have the following questions:
* I coordinated with the bank and agency regarding my account ever since I became delinquent. I prepared all my Statements of Account and forwarded to them asking for a re-computation in view of the Supreme Court ruling GR 175490. I don't understand why they still insisted to file a civil case despite of that. Is GR 175490 not applicable to me? They charged me more than 3% interest and 6% penalty monthly which I believed the court said to be excessive and iniquitous.
* I am preparing my answer to the summons but wandering what happened because initially I re-computed my SOA based on how SC re-computed the account of Macalinao and got a NEGATIVE BALANCE after that. Will the civil case be dismissed?
* What supporting documents can you advice me to attach in my answer?
Thank you for any help and more power.

Richie Poor

Arresto Menor

Atty,

ask ko lang po kung ano pong process ang gagawin ko meron po kasing nag alok ng investment na ka officemate ko ang sabi niya ang asawa niya ang nag handle ng business kaya marami kaming nag invest sa business (nya daw)ako po ay nag bigay ng kabuuang 300,000 noong una po ay smooth nmn ang kita tapos nalaman na lang po namin ng nagkakaloko loko na ung pagbibigay niya ng kita sa amin yong mga pera pala namin invest niya sa isa pang tao na kumikita siya ng mas malaki.

Nereklamo ko po siya sa corporte office namin at pinag harap kami at doon po ay inako niya na meron po akong binigay na pera sa kanya kaya pumirma siya ng salary deduction form at napagkasunduan namin na magbibigay siya ng 10,000 a month 5,000 every 15 and 30 na nangyari naman for 9 1/2 months.

Sa ngayon po ay umapila siya sa corporate office namin na ihinto na yong kaltas niya na binibigay sa akin at ito ay pinaboran naman ng aming opisina dahil di daw nila pwedeng pilitin yong tao kung ayaw nang magbayad

(di po ba bidding na yong una naming kasunduan na magbabayad siya sa akin ng perang naibigay ko sa kanya pero po di po ako binigyan ng copy nung kasunduan namin)

Ngayon po ang advice po ng corporate office namin ay maghabol ako sa labas or sa court (ano po ba ang pwede kung ikaso sa kanya?

May habol pa po ba ako sa pera ko? marami pong salamat and more power

16civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Bardi

Arresto Menor

Hi po.

Can you please enlighten me on what civil case can be filed for non-payment of debt? And how it works?

My loan is 50k, my remaining balance is now 30k, since I lost my job was not able to continue the payment. I know the amount is not that big but I just got hired recently and my grandmother is very sick. I have suppressed bills and my pay goes directly for food and grandmother's medication. Naputulan na rin kami ng kuryente.

I am very worried and I fear to have a case filed against me. I don't have any money to spare.

I am in Cebu while my family stays in Negros. The other day, I was able to speak with my younger brother and was told they have received letter advsing for payments. Concern ako kasi September pa nka date yung letter and its already past November. Sabi, if payment is not made, case will be filed in my province.

I'm willing to pay. I need time lang talaga. Kung uunahin ko sila, paano na ang mga gamot at eskewla ng kapatid ko.
Aside sa office nagtututor din ako to earn extra. Hindi ko alam paano mapagkakasya lahat, oras at sahud. Wala ako sa Negros and my work is in Cebu.

What case can they file against me?
Will I go to jail?
And how can I get help?

Please respond to my query. Please help me may kapatid at lola pa akong nag hihintay sa akin.

Thank you po.

17civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:51 pm

glo

Arresto Menor

i discovered a complaint for a civil case for sum of money, received jan. 2013, Feb. 2013 sa MTC, summons (regular) dated march 2013, while going through my children's school papers and documents.

the maid said that she was the one who received the documents while i was away. she also said that the person who delivered them told her to just receive the documents, it does not matter daw if i don't live here anymore, just give the documents to the kids ( aged 12 and 13 ) and let them read them. tama po ba un?

i was away and it was just last week that i returned at un nga, after going through a lot of mess dito sa bahay, nakita ung summons. Sa MTC naka file sa may makati.

my concern is this, how long kaya bago maka pag decide ang court regarding this? it's been six months na kase. from the summons i was just given 15 days to reply. since ngayon ko lang po nakita ung documents, sa tingin nyo po ba huli na ang lahat? ung conjugal properties po ba namin puede nila kuhanin? car, house and lot? how about our furnitures and appliances?

natatakot po ako and frankly i do not have the financial capacity to pay them. i lost my job, my husband filed for an annulment case and pretty soon he will file for custody of the kids.
pupunta po kase ako sa monday sa korte and will ask about the case.

gusto ko lang po malaman kung may idea kayo how can i handle this. eversince i saw the documents this morning, i feel like vomiting(pardon the word), my stomach and head hurts, i cannot eat, i'm shivering. i am here in our conjugal home with our kids and frankly natatakot ako na bigla na lang dumating ang sheriff at kunin na lahat ang gamit namin with a court order. maari po ba un?

after this document, wala na pong dumating na ibang document. di po ba dapat may hearing pa un? or the case will continue without my participation? and the judge will rule in favor of citibank? my credit line was just 90K and now they are asking for 323K plus 25%, attorney's fee and cost of suit. magpakamatay na lang po kaya ako?

18civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:58 am

Juan Miguel Acuna

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty: I'm 57 yrs old, previously worked 6 yrs at a call center in the training dept where I was approved for an approx. 300k loan with a bank thru the call center. Paid it 2x a month consistently for about 2.5 yrs. A trainee hacked my profile/password and used it for a failed attempt tp steal from a customer's acct. I was exonerated as I was absent on that day but was transferred to a different acct and assigned to a more toxic position as there weren't others available. In between I contracted pneumonia on the job which developed into allergic asthma, a condition triggered by a lot of things. Plus, I encountered harrassment from some management people in that acct. I responded with incident reports which were later met with politics. The harrassment continued until things got so compounded I resigned May last year in disgust and disillusionment, my health faltering. After, I initially communicated with the bank as I wanted to honor my debt. But I'm currently unemployed, old, afraid to work in a call center again as each attack I have feels like I'm dying. Nerves frayed, I've been reluctant to talk to the bank (it's wrong, I know) as I'm w/inadequate or regular income but trying my hand at real estate brokerage which is irregular, unpredictable but has potential. 2 days ago on my bday I rcvd an email that a Sum of Money was readied for filing in court. My wife owns a property with me as the "..married to" but it has an outstanding mortgage with pagibig. Pls tell me what I'm facing and what I should do and with God's help I'll do the right thing, or I'll try to. Sincerely appreciate your free service. May you prosper because of it. Thanks in advance.

19civil case : sum of money Empty Re: civil case : sum of money Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:16 pm

MADmapa09

Arresto Menor

good eve po...
may kaso po ba aq kung napatunayan na nag iba aq ng pirma kasi meron po akong natanggap na sum of money ang nakalagay po sa ebidensya (na nakalagay sa notebook) dun ay pirma ko nung high school..nag iba po kasi ako ng pirma since college...pero hindi naman po totoo ang paratang sa akin...
17years old po ako nun>.....php 70,000.00 daw po yung utang ko sa kanya since 2009-2011....ehh bakla po kasi yung nag sampa sa akin at may nangyare na po sa amim...ehh puro paninirang puri po ang ginawa po nya sa akin sa school at sa bahay po namin....

ano po ba ang pedeng mangyare sa akin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum