Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid loan Help!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid loan Help! Empty Unpaid loan Help! Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Toink

Arresto Menor

I need help on my current problem that has been troubling me for the past 6 years. I would like to know if charges can be filed and under what kind of category (estafa) and if the nature of the act would be criminal or civil.

When I met my current girlfriend, she told me that her mom was a real estate broker and was currently trying to sell land owned by a fil-chinese near UP Diliman. On June 27, 2005 my father passed away and my brother and I found out that we both will receive inheritance. My girlfriends mom found out eventually about this and started talking with me about investing P1.1M and that I would be paid P5M when the sale is complete. She said that they would need the money to pay for taxes and others. It was her idea to invite me to invest and since the day she found out about my inheritance she continued to bug me everyday. Several months later when I finally received the inheritance I finally gave in and gave the money without any written contract. She told me that in a few days the sale will be finalized. However the sale did not finalize since the manner in which the property was bought by the current owner was questionable. I did not know about this and was never told so.

I few years later a was in need of money to give to my grandmother. I no longer had anything to give and was asking for t\my gf's mom since my grandmother was already asking me. She filled out a blank check given to her by her chinese friend for the amount of P1M and even told me that the check will surely bounce and to show that to my grandmother to make her stop asking. That a few days later she will be able to finally pay me. Sadly this did not happen and the check did bounce.

Now 6 years later and she progressed from being a real estate broker to having deals and transactions abroad. And up to now she has not been earning and accumulating debts left and right because of getting financiers for her so called business trips abroad.

I am very desperate on what action I can take to finally resolve this issue. It has severely affected me in mind and spirit and I hope someone can sound advise on this matter.

Thank you in advance.

2Unpaid loan Help! Empty Re: Unpaid loan Help! Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 am

attyLLL

first step is to send a demand letter for return of the money. if you live in the same city, you have to file it at the bgy first, then a collection case in court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unpaid loan Help! Empty Re: Unpaid loan Help! Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Toink

Arresto Menor

Thank you attyLLL for your reply.

I actually live with them as of the moment. But I can move out and live in a different city before I start things. If I live in a different city, do I still have to file it in the barangay hall?

4Unpaid loan Help! Empty Re: Unpaid loan Help! Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:39 am

attyLLL

i still recommend bgy proceedings if only to maximize the chance of a settlement.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum