Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jurisdiction if there are 2 or more lots in dispute

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lex18g

lex18g
Arresto Menor

hello all,Smile

i'm a law student and i'm also working as a legal researcher in a law office. i'm just puzzled by the case assigned to me, the action is an action for reconveyance, and as provided in the expanded jurisdiction of courts, "in all civil actions which involve the title to, or possession of, real property, or any interest therein, where the assessed value of the property involved exceeds P20,000 or, for civil actions in Metro Manila, where such value exceeds P50,000 except actions for forcible entry into and unlawful detainer of lands or buildings, original jurisdiction over which is conferred upon the Metropolitan Trial Courts, Municipal Trial Courts, and Municipal Circuit Trial Courts."

What if there are two or more lots? Do we have to add their assessed value, and base the court's jurisdiction on the total amount?

thanks!

http://philippinecasedigests.blogspot.com

macknight

Arresto Menor

IMO, nope because it says value of the property which is equivalent to one lot. You can't have 2 lots under 1 title right? If you are to add the assessed value it should have been stated as total value of properties. Hope this helps. I'm not a lawyer though, not yet Smile

lex18g

lex18g
Arresto Menor

yes, i agree with you. Smile thanks for the help.

http://philippinecasedigests.blogspot.com

rchrd

rchrd

Sa Sps Huguete vs Embudo (G.R. No. 149554. July 1, 2003) ganito ang sabi: "Where, as in this case, the ultimate objective of the plaintiffs is to obtain title to real property, it should be filed in the proper court having jurisdiction over the assessed value of the property subject thereof."

Pwede ring isipin na the property subject of the action are the two lots together and not individually so the amount to be considered will be the total assessed value of the two lots subject of the action. This is just my opinion too because i have not yet encountered a case with the same issue. Pati yung sa Huguete iba ang issue eh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum