Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

for working students who are going to study/already studying law..

+12
kx_bi_din
anyaresatin
anjie6232004
glenmonje
tynajoy
finyapol
yamipodot
redpula
Leophil
torkz
wykette
djm
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

djm

Arresto Menor

hi, im a full time working and I want to study law this coming 1st sem. pero confuse po ako kc hindi ko po alam kung ano po ang subjects na kukunin ko.. dun po sa school na ininquire ko.. these are the list of subjects for 1st sem 1st year:

persons and family relations-4units
criminal law1-4 units
constitutional law1-3 units
statutory construction-2units
legal ethics-2 units
legal research-2 units
seminar(parang theoloy)-1unit
total=18 units

ang plan ko po is to take the minimum required units ng school which is 12units or kung kaya 14 units.. Pero naguguluhan ako kung pagsasabayin ko ang persons at criminal o 2nd year 1st sem ko na ang criminal ko.. sabi kc ng iba parehas daw mahirap ang persons and criminal eh since im just going to test the water kung kaya ko b tlg maglaw.. kung di ko itetake ung criminal 6 subj ang kukunin ko but kung kukunin ko ang criminal 4 subjects lang..please help me naman.. suggestions and advice are all welcome.. TIA
Very Happy

wykette

Arresto Menor

take the bar subjects first... persons, crim and consti... they are requisites to some subject and provides you with the needed foundation for your study of law. I even have classmates taking full load eventhough they're working full time. Mind you they're doing good plus our lawschool is consistently in the top 10 of the bar.

torkz

Arresto Menor

wykette wrote:take the bar subjects first... persons, crim and consti... they are requisites to some subject and provides you with the needed foundation for your study of law. I even have classmates taking full load eventhough they're working full time. Mind you they're doing good plus our lawschool is consistently in the top 10 of the bar.
Saan po ung school ninyo?Magkano po kaya ang tuition and ung schedule ok po ba?

djm

Arresto Menor

wykette wrote:take the bar subjects first... persons, crim and consti... they are requisites to some subject and provides you with the needed foundation for your study of law. I even have classmates taking full load eventhough they're working full time. Mind you they're doing good plus our lawschool is consistently in the top 10 of the bar.

pwede po ba kung 2nd year ko nlng itake ung crim1 ko? andami kcng nagsabi na parehas na mahirap ung dalawa.. i just want kc to test the water of law school.. and di rin ako nagmamadali gumadreyt.. i want to take it 5 years... sabi nga po ng isang lawyer na kakilala ko po bahalang tumagal sa law school basta nag.eenjoy sa pag.aaral..auko din naman na gagaradweyt ako puro bagsak ang nasa TOR ko..

Leophil

Arresto Menor

Hey guys!! Who among you have plans to take up law at UP? Please add me as a friend in facebook..

redpula

Prision Correccional

kunin mo muna ung mga bar subjects, persons, criminal law and constitution, honestly, talagang magaadjust ka i can't assure you that it will be a walk in the park and dont think ahead of the following semester, sabi mo nga, you are testing the water kaya you take the said subject and at the end of the semester you can evaluate your capability since you gone through the bar subject this semester.

yamipodot

Arresto Menor

im also working full time. Nag full load ako when I studied Law. I finish the course in 4 yrs with God's grace. If nakaya ko, i believe you can do it too. dapat understanding lang yong team leader mo so you can go out earlier and not be late in school..hehe swerte lang cguro ako kasi mabait yong manager ko..I know you can do it...

djm

Arresto Menor

yamipodot wrote:im also working full time. Nag full load ako when I studied Law. I finish the course in 4 yrs with God's grace. If nakaya ko, i believe you can do it too. dapat understanding lang yong team leader mo so you can go out earlier and not be late in school..hehe swerte lang cguro ako kasi mabait yong manager ko..I know you can do it...

i cant po kc.. 1st im working po sa isang legal ofis sa govt, 2nd my work is in the supervisor level.. so andaming work tlg at papel.. unlike kung rank and file na wala maxadong trabaho compare smin..(no offense po sa mga rank and file)

finyapol

Arresto Menor

djm wrote:hi, im a full time working and I want to study law this coming 1st sem. pero confuse po ako kc hindi ko po alam kung ano po ang subjects na kukunin ko.. dun po sa school na ininquire ko.. these are the list of subjects for 1st sem 1st year:

criminal law1-4 units
legal ethics-2 units
legal research-2 units
total=18 units

ang plan ko po is to take the minimum required units ng school which is 12units or kung kaya 14 units.. Pero naguguluhan ako kung pagsasabayin ko ang persons at criminal o 2nd year 1st sem ko na ang criminal ko.. sabi kc ng iba parehas daw mahirap ang persons and criminal eh since im just going to test the water kung kaya ko b tlg maglaw.. kung di ko itetake ung criminal 6 subj ang kukunin ko but kung kukunin ko ang criminal 4 subjects lang..please help me naman.. suggestions and advice are all welcome.. TIA
Very Happy

I bet sa San Beda ka mag-aaral no? I advise you na kunin mo yung three major subjects! Persons, Crim and Consti at yung Sem pampataas ng QPI yun.. Im also a working student, although I failed my Crim subj nung 1st year kasi nag full load ako.. pero kung di ako full load I think kaya naman kunin yung 3 major! you can do it!

djm

Arresto Menor

finyapol wrote:
djm wrote:hi, im a full time working and I want to study law this coming 1st sem. pero confuse po ako kc hindi ko po alam kung ano po ang subjects na kukunin ko.. dun po sa school na ininquire ko.. these are the list of subjects for 1st sem 1st year:

criminal law1-4 units
legal ethics-2 units
legal research-2 units
total=18 units

Very Happy

I bet sa San Beda ka mag-aaral no? I advise you na kunin mo yung three major subjects! Persons, Crim and Consti at yung Sem pampataas ng QPI yun.. Im also a working student, although I failed my Crim subj nung 1st year kasi nag full load ako.. pero kung di ako full load I think kaya naman kunin yung 3 major! you can do it!

hahaha i wish po sana.. naku dream law school ko ang beda.. pero hanggang pangarap lang.. natatakot kasi ako dun..ive heard kc puro mga terror ang mga prof.. Laughing if hindi siguro ako working.. at saka auko ng mga sched nila kc for working almost everyday may pasok..

11for working students who are going to study/already studying law.. Empty bar subject first.. Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:02 am

tynajoy

Arresto Menor

take the bar subjects first, persons,criminal law 1 and constitutional law 1..kasi yung minors madali naman yun kuhanin...

glenmonje

Arresto Menor

yes.. take the bar subjects first.. yung minors madali na lang balikan

am also working, i have a family, a grade 4 daughter.
i started taking law back in 2007 also just to test myself.. and 5th year na ako ngayon.. executive class..

why dont you try that instead?

13for working students who are going to study/already studying law.. Empty Working student's woes Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 am

anjie6232004

Arresto Menor

" i cant po kc.. 1st im working po sa isang legal ofis sa govt, 2nd my work is in the supervisor level.. so andaming work tlg at papel.. unlike kung rank and file na wala maxadong trabaho compare smin..(no offense po sa mga rank and file) " - djm

I commiserate with you djm. Like you, I'm also a full-time employee in the Government service and studied law full load. I work as an Engineer II in the Provincial Planning Office. The job description requires me to work even on weekends because of the bulk of the workload notwithstanding domestic family matters.

My job not only requires me to prepare plans but also to prepare project proposals and feasibility studies which requires a lot of research and paper works.

I halted my studies because when I was about to enter 3rd year in my law studies, I was nominated by our office to take a postgraduate course in tourism in an Australian University (of course after a meticulous screening and passing of IELTS).

I'm now back from the one-year scholarship and now discovers that a considerable amount of workload has been added to my already bulked job description. For the meantime it dawned on me not to enroll yet for 3rd year law for I assessed myself to be weak in other subjects in my 1st and 2nd years in law class. I've got low grades in those subjects because of my very limited time.

I opt to continue my 3rd year in June 2014 hopefully after I shall have reviewed for 1 year the subjects which I had low grades. I know I can at least get good grades in all the subjects if only I have the luxury of time reading and studying them.

To you djm and other working law students: if I did it in my 1st and 2nd year full-loaded studies, so can you. Just devise a strategy to manage your time for full-time work, family and full-time studies. Pray to God earnestly about this. Good luck.

Last edited by anjie6232004 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : little correction)

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

glenmonje wrote:yes.. take the bar subjects first.. yung minors madali na lang balikan

am also working, i have a family, a grade 4 daughter.
i started taking law back in 2007 also just to test myself.. and  5th year na ako ngayon.. executive class..

why dont you try that instead?

na inspire naman ako sayo...

kx_bi_din

Arresto Menor

San po school may executive class

OOIOO

Arresto Menor

Nakakaenganyo po yung mga posts nyo dito.

I'm also planning to pursue law school as a full time student pero baka hindi makaya ng utak ko. I need to keep my job to help my family and sustain my law school studies.

May mga tips ho ba kung anong dapat i-expect while on law school, like readings, study habits, time management na pwede nyong i-impart for us aspirants?

monderey

monderey
Arresto Menor

I am currently enrolled in law school taking full load of regular subjects. I am working full time so I am enrolled in the working class that conduct classes in the evening.

Base on my experience, it is hard to work full time and at the same time enrolled full load. But, it is manageable. I was able to pass all my subjects in the first sem. I work from 8am - 5pm then my classes usually start at 6pm and end at 8pm/9pm from monday to friday plus a saturday class.

In my instance, I would not be able to read the textbook. I resort to reading reviewers. for the cases, I read the case digests. I had a professor who required us to read the case in its original form so i have to double my effort reading those cases in the original form.

With the kind of setup i have, time management is very important. I may not have an eight-hour sleep everyday but I try to take a nap whenever it is possible just to take a rest. I also do not forget to keep my self healthy because sickness is a big NO NO.

Discipline is a big factor for working students enrolled in a law school. Know your priorities.

I hope this would encourage you. If you could enroll full load, then do it. But plan eveything very well and be WISE. Smile

By the way, I am from UST FCL.

OOIOO

Arresto Menor

monderey wrote:I am currently enrolled in law school taking full load of regular subjects. I am working full time so I am enrolled in the working class that conduct classes in the evening.

Base on my experience, it is hard to work full time and at the same time enrolled full load. But, it is manageable. I was able to pass all my subjects in the first sem. I work from 8am - 5pm then my classes usually start at 6pm and end at 8pm/9pm from monday to friday plus a saturday class.

In my instance, I would not be able to read the textbook. I resort to reading reviewers. for the cases, I read the case digests. I had a professor who required us to read the case in its original form so i have to double my effort reading those cases in the original form.

With the kind of setup i have, time management is very important. I may not have an eight-hour sleep everyday but I try to take a nap whenever it is possible just to take a rest. I also do not forget to keep my self healthy because sickness is a big NO NO.

Discipline is a big factor for working students enrolled in a law school. Know your priorities.

I hope this would encourage you. If you could enroll full load, then do it. But plan eveything very well and be WISE. Smile

By the way, I am from UST FCL.

Thank you Sir Monderey. I was seriously considering the FCL before but then I perished the thought of enrolling for AY 2013-2014 knowing I was not financially/emotionally prepared as well. Right now I'm still not financially and emotionally prepared but knowing someone made it through matters to me greatly.

Well, reading from PEX and from here as far as I know a full load is something that is expected especially from the university I am aiming for, though universally I am expecting a full load from any university I'll be going. I'm working in the night shift currently and while the job is taxing, it is manageable.

About the cases, I'm mystified at the General Records published online. I'm just reading them for pleasure though.

Right now I need to train on time management, speed reading, self-discipline and finding my way out.

I hope God will help us.

eightlimbs

Arresto Menor

What's the typical schedule of classes at Arellano University School of Law (Executive Program)?

monderey

monderey
Arresto Menor

eightlimbs wrote:What's the typical schedule of classes at Arellano University School of Law (Executive Program)?

I think their classes for the executive class are held every saturdays and sundays and the program is for FIVE years.

OOIOO

Arresto Menor

Sir Monderey, can you PM me how much you spent with the FCL? Do they accept downpayments and staggered amounts? And what range do classes start during the day?

eightlimbs

Arresto Menor

monderey wrote:
eightlimbs wrote:What's the typical schedule of classes at Arellano University School of Law (Executive Program)?

I think their classes for the executive class are held every saturdays and sundays and the program is for FIVE years.

How about their major exams (midterms, finals), do they fall on weekends also?

unwaryadvocate

unwaryadvocate
Arresto Menor

Yes, if you enrolled on the all weekend sched. Working programs also offer week nights schedules, hence, if you enroll on weeknights you have to take your exams on weeknights too, as scheduled.

eightlimbs

Arresto Menor

unwaryadvocate wrote:Yes, if you enrolled on the all weekend sched. Working programs also offer week nights schedules, hence, if you enroll on weeknights you have to take your exams on weeknights too, as scheduled.

thanks you sir. there is hope for me. my dream is still alive. Very Happy 

monderey

monderey
Arresto Menor

OOIOO wrote:Sir Monderey, can you PM me how much you spent with the FCL? Do they accept downpayments and staggered amounts? And what range do classes start during the day?

For working class, the earliest possible class is 5pm. mondays to fridays. and a saturday usually half day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum