Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are the implications if we violate the city building code? (manila)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

4thhorseman

Arresto Menor

Hi Everyone!

I would like to seek some advise and perhaps resolution on the current problem were experiencing right now.

We've been living in the same house eversince at dahil hindi naman kami mayaman, napatayo ang bahay namin na parang installment. Lately, someone from the City Engineer's Office came by and asked for a building permit for the repair that we are working on, however in our assumptions that since we're just "into repair" we no longer need such.... then the City Official require us to file for a building permit. Since the property is under my parents name (senior citizens) they were the one who filed for the said building permit with the assistance of someone from the cityhall. Unfortunately, I was surprised that they spend more than 40 thousand which most of the transactions does not have a receipt though they were able to secure a building permit.

The dilemma happens after 6 months because the same official who went by, the same official who process our building permit came and told us that we have another violation... we dont have an occupancy permit... and he would require us again to file for an occupancy permit which "as he claimed" would cost us another 20 thousand.

Probably, what I need help on is to know how much exactly a building permit cost for a 2 storey house (concrete)? How much an occupancy permit cost? Should we secure for an occupancy permit eventhough the house is not yet fully built (though we've been occupants eversince, even if it is being repaired)? What legal action can I do thinking that these people might have some ulterior motives as they havent advised us to secure occupancy permit right after we filed for a building permit and waited for us to incur violation?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you in advance!

attyLLL

implications are an administrative fine and criminal action for violating the bldg. code. i recommend you keep negotiating with them for a lower price.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4thhorseman

Arresto Menor

Thank you po for the time spent reading my inquiry and thank you for the insights.

Pacencia na po at ngayon lang uli ako nakapag internet.

I was wondering up to what extent the criminal liability would it be for us, with our case would it go further to imprisonment? Quite harsh if it is.... and to unfair... Sad

How can we say that they are not abusing their authority?

attyLLL

i doubt if it will go to imprisonment, but there are penal provisions in the building code. that is why i recommend you keep negotiating for a lower price.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4thhorseman

Arresto Menor

Salamat po ng sobra!

Im not really sure how can we negotiate but definitely we'll take your advice. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum