Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Credit Card Bills

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid Credit Card Bills Empty Unpaid Credit Card Bills Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:43 am

maria1964

Arresto Menor

I have been out of the country for 10 yrs and a citizen of another country now. I had left a credit card bills amounting to 200K. I paid for it for a yr but due to some financial problems while abroad, I was not able to pay these obligations until now. I was informed by my relatives back home that demand letters and collection agencies contacted my last address by mail and phone. After several years of trying to collect, they stopped sending or calling. I was planning to go home for a vacation this year and I decided to check if there is any pending HDO on my name, just to make sure. A friend told me that there is one, under my name, she was not able to provide me with the details of case that was file under my name. My questions are, is it a criminal offense if you were not able to pay your credit cards? If it is, can this be a ground for issuance of a HDO? My other relative in DOJ checked the list of of all cases filed in Phils., but name did not appear there, is it possible that my name is BOI but not in DOJ? What other government agencies can request for a HDO? Can I email BOI and inquire the details of the derogatory report under my name? In case I am the same person in the list,what can I do to remove my name in the list? Do I need to get a lawyer to do this? Thank you very much for whatever assistance/advice you

2Unpaid Credit Card Bills Empty Re: Unpaid Credit Card Bills Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:04 am

attyLLL

if you change address without informing the credit card company, it raises the presumption that you intended to defraud them so it's possible that you were charged with violation of the access device act.

Bu of immigration normally needs an order from the DOJ. Your relative at DOJ can just ask the office which handles HDOs and WLOs to see if there is one pending against you.

or you can get a lawyer to handle this for you. your use of the word 'derogatory' tells me you are very likely on the list.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum