Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family Code re Marriage - Article 23

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Empty Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 am

jeunx

Arresto Menor

Hi!

Per Art.23 of the Family Code, copies of the marriage certificate should be submitted to the local civil registrar where the ceremony was held not later than 15days after.

My question is, what if the MC was submitted beyond that or not at all? Is the marriage still valid?

Thank you.

2Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Empty Re: Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 pm

attyLLL

yes, the person who failed to may be made liable for the late registration, but the validity of the marriage is not affected.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Empty Re: Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm

jeunx

Arresto Menor

Thanks Atty!

So it's still valid. Mali kwento saken. I forgot who shared that "experience", saying she "discovered" her marriage was not valid because her hubby did not submit their MC to the registrar, hence, not listed daw. Kala ko tuloy it is that easy! hehe

4Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Empty Re: Family Code re Marriage - Article 23 Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 pm

attyLLL

in a situation where the MC was not filed at all, it will be hard to prove that there was a marriage in the first place, but it still remains valid.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum