Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can the Lessee sell the Structure He built in the Lot Being Rented.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cococrunch

cococrunch
Arresto Menor

We are leasing a part of our lot.

The tenant built a structure in the lot being leased for business purposes. He had been leasing said lot for about 2 yrs now

He ask us if they could sell their "structure" to a third party and that third party will be the one to shoulder or continue the lease.

They want to put it into writing as an added condition to the renewal of contract that "they have the right to sell the structure"

Can this be considered a red flag or something?

It is to my understanding that the owner/lessor has the absolute right to either demolish or buy the structure? (cmiiw)

Last edited by cococrunch on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Friendly_User

Arresto Menor

What is on your contract regarding improvements, please review? Have you read Art.1642 till 1688 of the Civil code?

cococrunch

cococrunch
Arresto Menor

Friendly_User wrote:What is on your contract regarding improvements, please review?

In our contract, upon termination, the tenant is given 30 days to remove their improvements like wood-based materials, G.I. roofings.
Concrete-based materials will be left as-is if it is too much of a trouble for the lessee to remove it.

Friendly_User wrote: Have you read Art.1642 till 1688 of the Civil code?

Just finished skimming over it.

To my basic-level of understanding, the owner have the right to either have the structure (built by lot lessee) demolished or buy it half a price?

How about the Lessee wanting to sell the "structure" to a supposedly incoming Lessee though? Having that new Lessee take over the lease?

Im worried that these may cause some complications should i decide to rescind the lease.

Friendly_User

Arresto Menor

If your lessor has agreed to your contract , If our contract does not have unlawful, unfair condtions, then it is favored by the legal system and becomes the law between you and your tenant in the eyes of the court.

does the civil code provisions applies unless there is agreement between parties provided it is not contrary to laws morals and public policy .. per ART. 1306 ?

Do you have the option not to renew the contract?

Did in your contract states that you have to compensate for any tenant improvement when it is stated  that tenant should remove any improvements?

Does he has no authority to compel what is not in your contract?

Does a seller can sell what he does not have? Please look it up in "Sales" of Civil Code, If in the lease contract he still has 3 years left can , lessee sell the lease for 5 years?

If you find the answers then you will know what to do, consult a notary public for a review of your contract and your rights as lessor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum