Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need some Legal Advice on a Car Accident casd

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Squishy0430

Arresto Menor

My brother had a car accident and was his 1st ever and hopefully his last. The other party was asking for a sum of 700k as a settlement or else they will sue my brother. My brother is jobless and was just using our family car at that time. We don't know where to get that huge amount. Is that amount justifiable? Cause I dont think so.

In addition, the other party's car is under the name of his company and aleggedly being assummed by the driver. So it is considered 2nd hand. But the registration is still under his company and no deed of sale was presented. The other party is working under a networking company as an agent.

He was asking 700k for personnal damages separately cause according to him his hanapbuhay was paused because his car was wrecked. Btw the car he's driving has OD TPL etc. Also, we already paid for their check up and hospitalization and there was really no serious injuries. Just few scratches here and there.

Obviously my brother cant pay that 700k since he has no job. What can we do with his case? And what can we do if he files a case against my brother? Is there any way we can reverse it?

Last edited by Squishy0430 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If the other party has insurance, they can claim from the insurance and it will be the insurance who will sue you for damages. I doubt he will directly file damages against you instead of collecting fro the insurance

3Need some Legal Advice on a Car Accident casd Empty Reckless Imprudence Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Jane1994

Arresto Menor

Hi, hingi lang po sana kami legal advice. Yung brother ko po nagkaroon ng kaso na Reckless Imprudence to damage of property. Nung May 24,2018 po sa Sta cruz laguna nangyari yung aksidente habang pauwi sya samin sa Lumban, gamit nya po ang motor ng tatay ko. Meron daw pong nakatigil na SUV sa gilid ng highway, tapos biglang nag-U-turn Hindi po napansin ng kapatid ko yung SUV na mag uU-turn kasi wala naman po signal kaya po nasalpok po nya yung unahan. Hindi naman po nasaktan ang kapatid ko hindi din po nasaktan ang driver ng SUV pero sabi po nung nabangga ng kapatid ko, nasira po yung sasakyan nila. Nung una pinagbabayad kami ng 23k+ kasi yun daw po yung amount ng sira, kaso wala po kaming pambayad nung oras na yun. Inofferan po namin ng 15k, pero ang gusto po ng mayari ng SUV dun kami magbabayad sa mismong bahay nila at sila nalang daw po ang gagawa ng kasulatan. Kaya hindi po kami pumayag dahil ayaw din po ng pulis pumayag, dahil dapat daw po ay sa police station kami magpipirmahan. Nakahold po ang motor namin Sa police station Pero pagkalipas po ng ilang buwan, nirelease na po sa amin yung motor dahil hindi naman daw po nagdemanda yung may-ari ng SUV sabi ng police. Kaya akala po namin okay na yung kaso. Pero nung sept 27, nakatanggap po kami ng papel na “Resolution”. Nakalagay po dun na hindi daw po kami pumunta sa preliminary investigation, pero wala naman po kami natanggap na kahit anong papel Bukod dun sa Resolution.

Ano po ba ang ibig sabigin ng Resolution?
Ano po ba ang dapat namin gawin?
Kanino po kami dapat lumapit o humingi ng tulong?
Makukulong po ba ang kapatid ko?

Maraming salamat po, sana ay matulungan nyo ako

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum