Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - Child Support Empty Child Support Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am

Nozih

Arresto Menor

Hi po. Badly need legal advise. Nakakahiya man but I had a mistress for 4 years. We separated last 2015. I supported our 1st child since her birth until my wife discovered this. Since then, i cut na my communication with the girl including the child support of 10k monthly. I want to rebuild my family and start anew. Before i separated with my mistress, she was pregnant. Just last year, she sent a demand letter for child support. At 1st, yung isang child lang. Yun ang may acknowledgement ako. But on the 2nd letter, she included the other child demanding a total of 20k. Honestly I ignored the demand letter. I don’t want to start a new argument with my wife.
But just now, my parents called me. They received a letter from the office of Integrated Gender and Devt Diivision of Davao asking the same demand. What should I do? Is it right to support both child even there was no acknowledgement on my part on the 2nd child?

2support - Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:49 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

you should answer the demand letter since if this goes to court, you can be imprisoned for violation of RA 9262.
you should support the first child and contest the filiation of the 2nd child if you really believe that this child is not yours. it will be the mother of the child who will need to prove that the child is yours through DNA testing. if proven that the 2nd child is indeed your child, you will have to support both the children.

3support - Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:55 pm

Nozih

Arresto Menor

Thanks. But can i still ask for a paternity test of the first child even she was already under my name?

4support - Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:12 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

since you already acknowledged the first child, then the burden of proving that your not the father falls on you.

5support - Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 am

Nozih

Arresto Menor

Ok, i can still demand for paternity test at my expense. On the other hand, the other child is not under my name. Can i refuse to support the other child?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum