Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absences reflecting on first payslip

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absences reflecting on first payslip Empty Absences reflecting on first payslip Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:46 pm

LostWind

Arresto Menor

Hello Experts,

I'm a bit confused with the first payslip I got with this new company. Here are the facts:

1) Payroll cutoff falls on 6th - 20th and 5th - 21st
2) My start date fell on 11th
3) My payslip shows deductions of absences
4) Ask HR and replied it is for the days that I have "no work". This is the (6 to 10th day).

My question here is that should this "no work days" be reflecting as absences on payslip?
And this "absences" should not be deducted or use on the computation of my 13th month, tax refund right?
My salary should be calculated by cumulative days that I actually worked.

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

2Absences reflecting on first payslip Empty Re: Absences reflecting on first payslip Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:02 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

My question here is that should this "no work days" be reflecting as absences on payslip? - yes

And this "absences" should not be deducted or use on the computation of my 13th month, tax refund right? - yes it doesnt affect either

My salary should be calculated by cumulative days that I actually worked.
- yes. pangit lang ang payroll system nyo. instead of counting days worked, it subtracts the number of days you didnt work drom the total number of days in that payroll period. but the final outcome (salary) is the same

3Absences reflecting on first payslip Empty Re: Absences reflecting on first payslip Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:45 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

if you are on a monthly based employee, yes it counts absences and deduct from salary.

If you are a daily paid employee.. no, there shouldn't be any deduction shown.

Anyway, if the net pay is the same, it doesn't matter.

4Absences reflecting on first payslip Empty Re: Absences reflecting on first payslip Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

your company is correct, days not worked means you are absent in the payslip. For as long as you get the days you worked for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum