Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition for Adoption

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - Petition for Adoption Empty Petition for Adoption Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Acilegna17

Arresto Menor

I just want to ask for an advice regarding my situation. I'm 23 yrs old who got married to an Australian Citizen (former Filipino citizen, 43 years of age) and he wants to adopt my illegitimate son (5 years old) who is using the surname of his biological father.

Is the child in my full custody? Can my husband adopt the child and change the surname? 'Coz we want to have the same surname together with his other children and also for easy visa application in the future especially for the child to be our legitimate son. In addition, can we do it without the consent of the biological father who never gives support for the expenses of the child since birth. (kami lahat ang gumagastos simula pagkapanganak, no monthly support, no communication but with signed filiation).

Lastly, how long will it take to adopt the child and what are requirements? and can we file a petition for adoption without the presence of my husband in the Philippines?

I hope for your very helpful advice. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum