Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notice of Demolition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Notice of Demolition Empty Notice of Demolition Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 pm

sakkyseirei

Arresto Menor

A couple of months ago, I applied for a business permit for my online business. Since my operations only requires a computer and an internet connection to operate and I will not be physically storing any goods or interacting with customers outside of electronic means, I decided to use my residence as my business address. The residence is owned by my parents (with titles).

During the business permit application process, an inspection was made and all the officials signed off on the clearances.

Three days after all the business permit fees were paid and all clearances were completed, the City Engineer's office contacted my mother and said that the house did not file a building permit when it was renovated and a 2nd floor added 16 years ago. The 1st level had all building permits when it was built 24 years ago.

They demanded that all requirements for building permit be met within 3 days. The creation of the blueprints and other materials does not only take 3 days and my mother told them that when they met with her at the city hall. They said she could ask for an extension.

Two weeks later, they sent a notice of demolition saying that due to non-compliance, that our house will be ordered demolished. No date of demolition has been stated yet. The architect my mother hired is still in the process of producing the required papers.

My mother asked if all houses in our subdivision that did not have building permits were being required to submit requirements as well (we are aware there many houses who renovated without one over the years). The building official said no, and it was because I used it as a business address.

No one mentioned there was an issue with the structure during the business permit application process. They signed off on everything.

Can the City Engineer's office demolish our residence?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum