Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

magna carta special leave for women and filing of SSS sickness benefit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaliyah26ph

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm about to undergo endometrial curetagge this Sept 27 2018.

I've filed for the magna carta leave. So this means that I will not be using up my SL for this year and my banked SL from my unused SLs from previous years.

I understand that I can still file the SSS sickness notification even if I have not yet used up my 2018 SLs and banked SL, is this right?

Our HR Benefits team is saying I can only use the sss sickness benefit once SLs and banked SLs had been utilized.

I found this:
Sec. 1 (a) of DOLE Department Order No. 112-11 states that, the Special Leave Benefit shall be in addition to leave privileges granted under existing laws. Thus, the sickness benefit and special leave benefit can be applied for at the same time.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Your HR is right, leave benefits must be used up first before you can be paid for the Special Leave (Magna Carta)

If you check the SSS Sickness Benefit Form, and other policies surrounding the Sickness Benefit of SSS, it would state that SSS would only pay you after the company leave is exhausted.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum