Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unsettled Payment for Unknown Transactions Posted on my Credit Card

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ellinshielauntalan

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Seeking for your advices po, i have this issue with my former credit card company. Ganito kasi yun, nakareceive ako ng email na sabi account is blocked and need to verify information akala ko legit kasi nagkataon yung online access ko sa bpi na blocked nga due to incorrect password, first time ko makareceive nun from bpi, so without doubting sinundan ko ung steps dun to verify, niligay ko card details ko, then ayun na nung hapon that day nakarcve ako ng txt na may txn na gnawa using my card details online tapos insufficient balance nako, so tumawag ako bpi to report and ask for help. Pero no one from them help me to trace kung sino gumawa at saan gnawa ung transaction. Tapos ngaun hinaharass nila ako to pay that amount on which i already explained to them that i was a victim of phishing, first credit card comoany yan na ganyan naexperience ko, tapos sakin isisi lahat nde man lang nila idouble check sa system nila, and ilang beses na ako nagemail at nagreachout saknla kasi nga gusto ko macleared name ko at mahanap ung ip address or any clue na kung saan nagoriginate ung transactions oero ni isang proof wala sila binigay. Sabi ng bpi na yan, nakareceive daw ako ng email confirmation pero to be honest, wala ni isa akong nareceive, i even sent them the screenshots of the phisbing emails that i have received. After the incident dun ko lang napansin that the fraud people sent me several phishing emails. I have settled already the two legit transactions na gnawa ko gamit yanf card na yan, nagbgay na din ako ng letter for my statement, pero in the end instead na tulungan nila ako macleared sakin pa din sinisisi lahat ng transactions na un which are all made abroad.

What should I do po kaya? kasi nakakabother na po yung ginagawa ng collection agency nila?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You should hire a lawyer who specializes in civil law and banking laws so that he can help you negotiate the matter with BPI and file the necessary actions in court, if needed. Hiring a lawyer also gives you the advantage of him being able to assess the evidences you have on hand, if it is sufficient to further your cause.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum