Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Private School Teacher overload and underpay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

apriljoymed

Arresto Menor

Good day!
I'm a private school teacher po and first work ko ito. LPT rin po ako pero parang sobrang OA ng sistema sa school. First, pagkapirma  ko ng kontrata, tsaka lang pinakita ang sched ko na punong-puno. From 8am to 2:30pm ang classes ko with 40-minute break pero we are required to eat inside the classroom para bantayan ang mga bata so habang ngumunguya ka, nagsasaway ka rin kasi pag may nangyari sa kanila, lagot ka. Lahat sa kanila teacher's factor. Second, I am a Secondary Values teacher pero nilagay nila ako sa grades 4-10 READING subject. Third, after my class need ko pa rin magbantay sa mga bata habang wala pa sundo nila for like an hour kasi we are required to do it daw kasi pag may nangyari sa kanila, teacher's factor. Fourth, 8k lang basic salary ko plus 2k for FTA pero I have eight 40-minute classes everyday for 1 week! Hindi po ba overload yun? Fifth, may time na pinapasok kami ng Saturday tapos walang bayad kasi daw monthly basis daw ang salary namin. Pumasok kami ng 8am pinalabas kami ng 7pm! TAPOS WALANG BAYAD yun. No work no pay din kami kaya kahit holiday, wala kaming sahod. Sobrang stressful na po, we need help. Lahat kaming teachers iisa ang reklamo pero walang may gustong maglakas-loob para magreklamo. Lahat po ng teachers bago, with 2-year contract. Nalaman ko rin na every after 2 years bago ang teachers, walang nagtatagal. Crying or Very sad please help po. 1 month pa lang ako pero gusto ko na mag resign pero may 200k breach of contract Sad Crying or Very sad

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

to answer your queries
1st you should have gotten the details first before signing any contract. if you sign it then you agreed to what is stipulated in the contract and its "annexes"

2nd if you signed the contract then if its state that you will be teaching reading subjects, then you are bound to teach reading subject.

3rd Teacher factor - yes if it your school SLA to the parents, then you are also bound to it.

4th regarding overload - if you signed the contract, then you had agreed to the teaching load.

5th tama sila you are a monthly paid employee. pero san lugar kayo? and also how is the pay computation? are you paid by the hour / day or are you paid by number of units assigned to you?

if metro manila and paid by the day, the 8k is below minimum wage, specially if you are required to work on saturday. pero if you are paid by the units you teach it is allowable. if you want to earn more, teach more.

Regarding no work no pay on holiday - if monthly nga kayo, then you already considered pay for the holiday. unless pinapa pasok kayo sa holiday, that is a different issue.

hope this helps

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum