Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unauthorized Withdrawal on ATM

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unauthorized Withdrawal on ATM Empty Unauthorized Withdrawal on ATM Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Jok-Jok

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir/Ma'am!

I would like to know how can I recover my money loss due to unauthorized withdrawal on my Savings Account.

Last April 3, 2018 when I made a balance inquiry on my ATM, I was shocked when I saw my remaining balance is only P40.21. I am expecting that the remaining balance would be P37,175.27 + interest.

As per my bank, there were withdrawals last April 1 and 2, 2018. Which is not possible because I just came from an out of the country vacation - period March 28 to April 2(arrival). I have my ATM with me when I left the country.

My bank requested me to submit a complaint letter and some other documents which I immediately did.
They told me that they will do some investigation regarding the complaint. Last May 2018 they also invited me for cctv viewing, because they identified where one of the withdrawal was transacted; they show me the video and saw someone making withdrawal. I am not sure if the transaction was connected to my account since I am not aware of the video details. The person who made the withdrawal was unrecognizable because he was wearing a hat.

My Savings account with them is where my employer deposits my salary. Due to the incident, I am always doing over the counter withdrawal during payday, and at the same time, I follow-up the status of my complaint. Their answer is that my complaint was already forwarded to the committee for decision or the committee will held a meeting regarding my complaint.

Aside from me, there are some of my co-worker who were victim also of this unauthorized withdrawal. They too filed a complaint at the bank.

It is month of September right now, but still our bank have not yet returned our money.

Hope you can give me answer on what to do so that I can push my bank to fast tract the return of the amount loss in my account.
Would like to know the liability of the bank regarding unauthorized withdrawal and also legal steps for recovering my money?

Maraming salamat!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum