Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backing out of a job offer then ipapa-revoke ang prc license ko

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vincentisidro

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I accepted and signed a job offer in a school but I decided to back out when they asked me to teach senior high but I am an elem teacher. They told me that if I don't come to work this Monday, they will have my teaching license revoked. I haven't signed an employment contract, only a job offer. Can they do that to me? What should I do?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You should talk to them and clarify matters accordingly. State that your training and license is that of an elementary school teacher and not that of a senior high teacher.

I don't know what grounds they will use when they will file a complaint against you in PRC, since you have an acceptable reason to back out from the job offer engagement. You should call up PRC and talk to their legal department to ask if your situation warrants a filing of a complaint against you.

Good luck.

vincentisidro

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the advise. I already emailed PRC. I hope they respond soon.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Indeed. If time permits, try to follow it up by going to the PRC office. They have a legal department there that deals with situations such as yours.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

vincentisidro

Arresto Menor

The school now said that they would give me elem teaching load but after their threat, I still don't want to continue.

Is signing a job offer letter the same as an employment contract?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes its the same

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum