Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forcing an employee to handle 2 different job description or position

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jhake21

Arresto Menor

Hi! I hope you can help me with my concern.

I am currently employed in a BPO/service provider company. I was hired as a admin supervisor 6mos ago (project based/contractual). Last month, kinausap po ako ng previous manager ko na ililipat daw po ako as Process Improvement Lead to a certain dept dahil wala po silang ma hire na tao for the said position since i have an experience as business process analyst and the client requires na ma fill na yung position bago nila bayaran yung service of my current company. They told me that it is just a project based for 6 mos and after that ibabalik din nila ako sa position ko as supervisor. In good faith, i accepted the job since it will only take 6 mos and para makatulong din sa company. However, after a month being a Process improvement lead, kinausap ako ng new manager ko and mentioned na hindi ulit sila makapag singil sa client due to another required position na hindi pa nila ma-fill which is a supervisor position for the new set of team. He also told me na nakapag usap na sila ng superior nya and they have decided na ako yung ilalagay dun sa required supervisory position while at the same time maintaining and doing my current job as process improvement lead for a different dept. Lalabas 2 ang position ko sa company pero same ng sahod. I dont know if their decision is valid and legal so i answered pag iisipan ko since magka iba yung role na yun. But my manager told me na hindi ko na daw kailangan pag isipan and that i dont have a choice. Tulong nlng daw para makasingil sila. Ang option lang daw is kung may mahahanap or ma-hire sila na tao para sa required job post ng client.

Valid or legal po ba na i-assign nila ako for 2 positions with different job description? Pwede ko po ba akong tumanggi? I'm worried na baka iterminate nila ako if i resist. Also, the only paper i have is my signed Job offer from my initial position as supervisor given to me 6 mos ago when they hired me. Up to this date wala pa pong contract na pinapa pirmahan sa akin.

They also told me na ililipat nila ako ng floor para hindi malaman ng boss ko sa current department ko na mag susupervise din ako for another team which is the admin staffs of diffefent departments of the client's company. Because the client is paying separately each job post.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes pwede yun ginagawa nila. Pwede ka lang tumanggi IF:
1. Hindi mo kaya or alam kung pano gawin yung bagong mga responsibilities
2. Ito ay demeaning.
3. Lalagpas sa 8 hours ang trabaho ngunit walang overtime (although supervisor ka kaya baka even if lalapas wala kang choice)
If aside from these reasons ay tumanggi ka pwede ka nilang i-terminate for insubordination.
How the client pays is none of your concern

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

mahihirapan ka dyan kung 2 yung role pano mo magagawa na sabay?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum