Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Dispute Between Heirs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1property - Property Dispute Between Heirs Empty Property Dispute Between Heirs Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:39 pm

nanisaur

Arresto Menor

Hello!

Newbie here.

I am currently living in a house with my mother (single) and her brother (married with kids). My mother and I haven't really been in good terms with her brother (my uncle) for the longest time. I am thinking that the best option for them to split up is to sell the house and divide the sale among the two heirs. However, the other party doesn't want this option since they know that they can't afford to move to a new house with the amount they could have from the sale. They don't want to lower their standards in selecting a new place to live in despite being low in finances.

While our party wants to sell, the other party wants to renovate the house into a duplex. They plan to loan the money for renovation using the land title as collateral. By the way, the land title is still under my grandfather (their father) who passed away in 1997 without leaving a will. In 2013, my grandmother passed away as well. The two heirs just signed an extrajudicial settlement among heirs lately. With that, is it even possible for the other party to use the land title under their father's name as collateral?

Would there be a way to settle this given that the two parties want different things? I intend to move out soon and ideally, I want my mother to come with me because I am the only child she has. I worry that if she comes with me, she won't be able to take her claim from the house and lot that she also has the right to.

Looking forward to your advices.

Thank you!

2property - Property Dispute Between Heirs Empty Re: Property Dispute Between Heirs Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:05 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

you can advise them to buy your mother's share from her if they do not want to sell the house.

3property - Property Dispute Between Heirs Empty Re: Property Dispute Between Heirs Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 pm

nanisaur

Arresto Menor

xtianjames wrote:you can advise them to buy your mother's share from her if they do not want to sell the house.  

I've thought about this too but I'm sure that the other party doesn't have the means to pay my mother.

4property - Property Dispute Between Heirs Empty Re: Property Dispute Between Heirs Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:21 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

then it's not your problem. offer this first to them and let them find the means to pay your mother if they are the ones who does not want to sell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum