Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate Resignation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Immediate Resignation Empty Immediate Resignation Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:22 am

Nash825

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I have filled for an immediate resignation from my previous company as I was given a better opportunity with the new one. The new company knows that I’m still currently employed and if passed I told them that I can make necessary actions such as rendering for at least 15 days or so. Unfortuately, I was asked to start immediately hence I passed a resgination paper to my old employer. They did not agree to sign it as they are requiring me to render 30 days as it is mandated by law. Since they are not agreeing to it, they’ll be following the attendance management plocy hence we will be terminated with the tagging of involuntary termination (which means we got terminated from the company due to just cause/awol). I have also asked them as to why wherein if the employee for example, goes on awol and was given rtwo then presents a resignation paper we tag the agent as voluntary termination. Sagot nila dun is that it’s still depending pa rin daw and if ever they would still require the agent to render 30 days eh di parang uulit at uulit lang daw ung process. Depende daw whether they would go with involuntary or voluntary. Which then makes me question why all of a sudden parang iba na ung rules. They have also mentioned that I would be liable for civil damages, I have advised them that yes, I read that part in the labor code but it states there that if only money was involved or money loss was involved. Take note that I am working in a call center industry. I have also asked some advice from others and what they have advised is that since the operations are still going and clients are still there it shouldn’t be taken against me because there was no loss of money. But what they are saying that they loss people to support other people daw kaya civil damages. Is that even possible?
Is it really gonna be the case that they can tag me as involuntary termination and follow the due process of attendance management even if I passed a resignation paper to them?
With that being said, upon following the attendance management and was sent out a rtwo, then I gave the resignation paper stating that I cannot continue work. Am I still gonna be tagged involuntary or voluntary termination?
Also they are insisting that we signed a contract stating that we should render 30 days but we only signed a contract once when we got hired as an agent level. We are now promoted to a different position without signing another contract, hence whatever they are saying will be null and void right? Apologies for the long and too many questions as I think it’s kinda unfair though but please enlighten me. Thank you.

2Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

1. yes you can still be terminated
2. yes they can sue you for damages
3. contract or not, you should have rendered 30 days as you are a regular employee

3Immediate Resignation Empty Re: Immediate Resignation Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:33 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

nope they are right. they can sue you for damages although in our judicial system very hard to prove damages. Hindi kelangan may "loss of money". yung 30 days is mandated by law so kahit walang contract unless sila ang mag waive nyan you will be liable for damages

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum