Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finished paying the equity but does not want to continue anymore

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

evanlouie

Arresto Menor

Good day po!

I bought two (2) townhouse units in Bulacan last March 2017. The agreement was to pay the equity for 18 months only. And so I finished paying the equity last August 2018. The developer has already informed me that I can start processing my documents for PAGIBIG. But I changed my mind and do not want to continue buying the house anymore. I haven't processed anything with PAGIBIG yet.

What happens with the equity that I paid? Will I get a refund or will the equity paid be just forfeited by the developer?
Thank you and I hope you can help me with this.

P.S. I've already read the Maceda Law but I am not sure if I understood it correctly. I am not sure if Section 4 is applicable to me since I paid less than 2 years in downpayment but I am assuming Section 4 applies to those with unfinished payments, whereas in my case, my equity was already fully paid.

evanlouie

Arresto Menor

Follow up question po.

Sabi po nung agent na kausap ko, hindi ko daw po pwede ibenta kasi equity pa lang naman daw po ang natapos kong bayaran. Pwede ko lang daw po i-transfer sa first degree relative pero hindi pwedeng ibenta sa ibang tao. Is there a basis for this po? Bakit hindi ko po pwedeng ibenta sa iba yung property? Thanks po.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum