Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Client penalised for Megaworld's employees' mistakes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fireflycrown

Arresto Menor

I am seeking help here because I am at a lost of what I could do from abroad. I am not seeking a totally free legal advice in this sense. Thank you in advance.

I am a foreigner (in Singapore) who was introduced to Philippines' property in April 2013 by representatives from Megaworld International.

I indicated interest in purchasing 2 condo units (Bayshore) with the representatives after their sales talk based on a certain payment terms. After 1 week, the order was unsuccessful so I converted my order to another 2 projects (Three Central and One Uptown Residence) with a different payment terms.

When I was being updated of the payment terms that came directly from Megaworld head office,  there was error so I requested to change the terms. The representatives were helpful to attempt to communicate to the head office of the request to change. At that moment, there was no communication of possible penalty if no payment was made.

After 1 month, the head office sent a demand letter that I pay according to the old payment terms with possible penalty.

Since the payment terms were not what I have requested, I continued to communicate with the Megaworld representatives and they assured me that everything will be settled and I sent all my cheques for the 2 condo units to the representatives based on the new payment terms.

Due to Megaworld's internal issue, my cheques were only banked in 2 months later. In the meantime, Megaworld head office did not change my payment terms and actually sent the wrong Contract to Buy and Sell for me to notarize in Singapore.

After much hassle, the correct contracts finally came and the representatives together with managers from head office finally came up with a solution to let me sign a new reservation form that has correct payment terms but backed date to the original reservation date. This was done by the end of 2013.

In end 2017, Three Central was turned over and with much trouble, I finally got to pay the mandatory move-in fees and taxes in March 2018. However, a few weeks later, I was told that I need to pay penalty if I want to collect my key because my payment was 3 months late in their record. This penalty is a hefty sum.

I have tried to get things sorted out with Megaworld since but every trip to the head office was long wait with the customer service officer who promised the manager will be out to meet me but was in other meetings until the office hour was over.

I am still unable to collect the key to my unit at this date. I need help.

Last edited by Fireflycrown on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am not seeking total free legal advice. I just need some advice of what I could do.)

Fireflycrown

Arresto Menor

Would anyone be able to point me to somewhere that I could seek advice from? Or is Megaworld too influential that it is futile to seek help at all?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum