Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary Employee Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary Employee Leave Empty Probationary Employee Leave Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 am

kimseokjin

Arresto Menor

Hi! I have a concern. I'am in HR Department.
We have an an employee but he is a probationary employee. I guess we can just call him "J"? He filed a leave for 2 months because he's getting ready for his board examination. My Supervisor instructed me that J's probationary contract needs to be suspended and extended for another 2 months (the company has 6 months contract for a probationary employee). Is it okay if I just release an Extension contract for another 2 months even if the maximum time frame for a probationary employee is for 6 months only because of J's reason? Can you please advice me for what I should do without violating any law? Thank you!

2Probationary Employee Leave Empty Re: Probationary Employee Leave Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

contrary to popular belief, probationary contracts can be extended beyond 6 months just make sure that the employee is aware that it is being extended and that he signs a document to that effect.

Make sure to indicate in said document that he is unable to meet the company standards within date of 6 months, and probationary period is being extended to afford him the chance to do so.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum