Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer restricted the employee to express their feelings in Facebook.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

emailryan18

Arresto Menor

Good day po,

Our salary was delayed for more or less 24 hours, basically, our salary will reflect on our account morning on the 10th of the month and 25th of the month. Now, I posted on Facebook, however, I never mentioned the name of the company, I did not even put in my profile that I am working on the company.

FB post, Employer restricted the employee to express their feelings in Facebook.  Fb_pos10

Translation in Tagalog: Wala pang sahod (delayed more or less 24 hours) Nag pa Jollibee ang company per dun lang sa mga may TL so kami neto? papalakpak nlang sa kaligayahan nyo?

Prior to posting this, our team did not receive any and we have to wait for our team lead but it was Sunday and no supervisors to assist us no messages left for us, completely hanging.

Now I receive, an NTE (notice of Explanation) that I violated the company policy, damaging the company's reputation or goodwill.

1.) Is this considered as a company violation?
2.) Has the company have the right stopping their employee to post in social media?

Please enlighten me.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Usually company have policies regarding saying or writing some slanderous or libelous things against the the company.

in the case of what you have posted, the company would think that you are besmirching or posting something that might damage the reputation or the image of the company, thus you were handed a notice to explain.

2. the company does not have the right to stop their employees to post in the social media, but they do have the right to take action on what the employee posted against them.

hope this helps.

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

The company may have deemed your post as libelous, which is misconduct on your part. You can be disciplined for that. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/discipline-suspension-termination

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum