Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card Summon

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Credit Card Summon Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm

ladykillua

Arresto Menor

Hello, I received the Summon from makati trial court for my unpaid credit card that sum up to 204k as per the letter. The letter was dated june 4, 2018 and I only received it today that I need to attend to the summon 15 days from the date mentioned above. I really dont have the money to pay for the debt and I remember that the actual amount that I used was below 100k and it just went up due to the finance charges. I need advise on what to do. Do I need to attend to the summon?please help.

2credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Re: Credit Card Summon Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

YES, you should attend the summons by the court. You should also hire a lawyer to represent you in your case.

But before that, you should call the Makati TC and verify if there really is a case filed against you.

3credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Re: Credit Card Summon Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm

ladykillua

Arresto Menor

Thank you. What if I will not attend any of the hearing? What will happen to me or to the case?

4credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Re: Credit Card Summon Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:27 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You may be declared by the court in default and uphold the validity of the claim against you.

5credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Re: Credit Card Summon Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 pm

ladykillua

Arresto Menor

What does that mean? Or what will happen to me? Makukulong po ba ako? Pano po pag wala po talaga pambayad kasi OA na ang laki ng utang dahil po napabayaan ko na kasi finance charge na lang ang nababayaran po

6credit - Credit Card Summon Empty Re: Credit Card Summon Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:19 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Your imprisonment depends on the case filed against you.

If it is a civil case for collection of sum of money, there is no imprisonment since it is a civil case.

However, if a criminal case for estafa (as way of example) was filed against you, there will be imprisonment since it is a criminal case.

Try contacting the lending company you have an outstanding debt and try to negotiate your debt with them, as to the amount and the means on how you will pay the debt. Try offering a staggered way of paying it (by installment) in a way that won't leave you financially crippled. Hopefully, the litigation will be avoided and everything can be settled by way of written negotiation.

If there will be litigation, the courts will then decide on how much you need to pay and how you will pay it, depending on your prayers in court and the petitions that will be filed by your lawyer.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum