Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hindi ibinigay ang SEPARATION PAY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hindi ibinigay ang SEPARATION PAY Empty Hindi ibinigay ang SEPARATION PAY Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 am

supersaul

Arresto Menor

My previous BPO company closed down last year. I was a regular employee for more than 3 years when it closed down. I received a post mail from them last year and also an email informing me my Final and Separation Computation Pay including my tax refund. They filed a petition for liquidation last year.

I sent a couple of emails but never heard from them. Though I received a very thick book about their petition for liquidation last year and that was the last thing I received and heard from them.

It's been a year now since they closed down and filed the liquidation. How long should I wait for them to pay me? Can I just ask my previous company to just give my separation pay asap because I'm so broke and badly needed money? I don't know what to do and where to go for assistance. I feel like I'm waiting for nothing.

2Hindi ibinigay ang SEPARATION PAY Empty Re: Hindi ibinigay ang SEPARATION PAY Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:48 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Why did the company close and liquidate? Is it because of financial reverses? Under the law, closure of business is among the authorized causes for termination for which the employees are entitled to be paid separation pay. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/authorized-causes-termination-employment However, the employer is not obliged by law to pay separation pay if the employer's closure of business is due to financial losses. If that is the case, well, too bad for you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum