Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HR Said That Ninoy Aquino Day will Not Apply For Aug 21 Because of Eid’l Adha

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ramon Jr

Ramon Jr
Arresto Menor

Good Day. After the President proclamation 556 that August 21 is a regular holiday. Our HR that said it is only a regular holiday and special non-working holiday for Ninoy aquino will not apply. Aside for being concerned about our pay (I also don't know how it will be computed for this case) and they also blocked DOLE in our network so I am here to ask for guidance. Is it really the case? That when a Regular Holiday is declared on a Special Non-Working Day, the special non-working holiday will not apply? They also mentioned that there is no such thing as double holiday. I don’t have any proof I can find in the internet so I ask here. It would greatly help to be informed about clauses in labor code or any law that relates to this so that everything can be more clear. Thank you.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Just wait for the memo to be released by DOLE regarding guide compensation for that day.

even though DOLE website is blocked in your office, you can still look it up when you're not at work.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

National Wages and Productivity Commission have released a guide regarding this. It is considered as a double holiday and payment is

If worked, an employee will get:
200% (Basic pay + COLA) + 30% (Basic pay X 200%)

This is also equivalent to the 260% of your basic pay plus twice of your COLA.

an employee who works on August 21, 2018 will be paid the equivalent of 260% of their daily wage plus twice their Cost of Living Allowance (COLA).

Check their page in facebook

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1022284/double-pay-for-private-sector-workers-on-aug-21-dole

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum