Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-ownership Court Petition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Co-ownership Court Petition Empty Co-ownership Court Petition Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:10 pm

rondi

Arresto Menor

I need to consult about my family's situation. Can we insist on not paying rent and not leaving the townhouse unit in Antipolo that my wife and her siblings have inherited from their mom? We have been living there for almost 20 years as my mother-in-law has requested us to assist my brother-in-law who was then suffering from a kidney problem but he died in less than a year. We continued living there as my wife took care of renting out another property of their family in Quezon City. With my help, my wife took care also of the proceedings and documentations of their inheritance when their mother died (their father is deceased long before) which include some properties in Bicol and one in Bulacan. The CAR has just released by the BIR this month after 2 years) Due to some zoning concerns, my wife decided to stop renting out their QC property (she holds the business permit). All her siblings could not agree to sell the QC property so that the proceeds can be divided among them because some would still like to renovated it and continue to rent it out. We have proposed to exchange my wife's share from the QC property  for the Antipolo property but some of the siblings disagree because they want to rent out the Antipolo property where we are staying. We are thinking of petitioning the court to sell the Antipolo and the QC properties. The question now is can we insist on staying in Antipolo until it got sold by the court? And can we refuse not to rent out both the properties while the Petition is for decision by the Court? Also, can my wife's siblings refuse our offer of an exchange as mentioned earlier, as if we are buying their shares on the Antipolo property?

Last edited by rondi on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction on grammar)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum