Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to prevent fraud after giving copy of land title?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dancan

Arresto Menor

Hello, everyone!

My parents and I are currently in Canada, and my parents are in the process of separating (no legal motions for divorce or for anything have been set at this point). They want to sell their parcel of land in the Philippines.

The wording in the title is "father's name, married to mother's name".

A month ago, my dad was rushing to have the land sold (he cheated on my mom and wants the proceeds so he can go his own way). I was in the middle of it all and since everyone agreed to split it a certain way, I was tasked with finding a buyer. My mom has a friend who has a daughter (in the Philippines) who asked me if I could pass on to her a copy of the land title so she could pass it to an agent she knows and both of them would get commission if the land is sold. I asked my dad if I could send a copy of the land title. He consented (I didn't involve my mom because she is aggravated by my dad, and apparently it's my dad who has sole power to sell the land due to the wording "married to", although it was bought during their marriage).

It's been about a month since I sent the copy of the land title to my mom's friend's daughter (and she sent it to the agent) and I've heard nothing so I began asking questions.

It turns out she doesn't even know the agent's last name and the agent; she only knows the agent's first name and that the "agent" works in the same municipal building as her and that "nagaayos din sya ng title". I am worried there might be something fishy going on and they might do something wrong with my parents land, or that this agent she speaks of is not legitimate. I'm worried they might forge the title, power of attorney, or something wrong.

I am not sure how to proceed with this, can you please advise me?

I understand and can speak both English and Tagalog, although my native language is English.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by dancan on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added detail; the woman and agent are in the Philippines)

ceciliojr

Arresto Menor

if you gave a photocopy, there's nothing to worry about

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum