Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attorney now or later

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attorney now or later Empty Attorney now or later Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am

sor8@bigpond.com

Arresto Menor

My wife and I live in Australia and my brother in law has been arrested for a crime supposedly committed in 2011. He is now in Goal/Jail and has a bail set at 180000 pesos. Family over there are trying to get him out and have two alternatives as to paying bond. I can supply full bond and don't know how they get the set requirements like all the photo,s etc. Also should a private attorney be engaged straight away and he can arrange to meet bail conditions (we will still pay bond ). We are very confussed being so far away, but any advice to assist is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance Very Happy

2Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Get a lawyer immediately so that he can review the case and check the bail amount on said case. Make sure that he is a defense attorney specializing in criminal law.

3Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 am

sor8@bigpond.com

Arresto Menor

This is what I have tried to explain to them but they have been getting conflicting advice even from attorneys, who said to get him out first then talk ??? They have now paid 40000 pesos to bail bondsman but not completed requirements, so can they reverse that and use the money to engage attorney first as stated above ???

4Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Why did they engage a bondsman when you said that you were willing to put up the entire bond?

Paying the bond in CASH just entails going to the Office of the Clerk of Court, getting photos and prints taken to be appended to the data sheet, filling up the form, paying the amount, and waiting for the Order of Release.

5Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 am

sor8@bigpond.com

Arresto Menor

Yes not sure why they went to a bondsman, I think emotions got in the way. All sorted now, we managed to get bond paid in full, so that it is refundable at the end Smile Now they have talked to an attorney, and that is their next challenge, to be able to come up with those fees. I can only hope that these fees are awarded as costs if successful defence of the charges !!!!
Thanks for all the advice and help

6Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 pm

ecill

Arresto Menor

Hello po atty.tanong ko lng po paano po b mg process ng annulment anu po ang dpat gawin?

my karelasyon po ako kaso kasdo po xa almost 4 years po silang hiwlay.. wla po silang anak.gusto po sna nya makapag annul para po mkapgpaksal n kmi.
kpag nagkaanak po ba kmi n di pa cla annul ay pwde po b kmi makulong ng bf ko khit na pareho nmn cla nagkaroon ng kani kanyanv karelasyon?

maraming salamat po

7Attorney now or later Empty Re: Attorney now or later Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

ecill wrote:Hello po atty.tanong ko lng po paano po b mg process ng annulment anu po ang dpat gawin?

my karelasyon po ako kaso kasdo po xa almost 4 years po silang hiwlay.. wla po silang anak.gusto po sna nya makapag annul para po mkapgpaksal n kmi.
kpag  nagkaanak po ba kmi n di pa cla annul ay pwde po b kmi makulong ng bf ko khit na pareho nmn cla nagkaroon ng kani kanyanv karelasyon?

maraming salamat po

A civil case for annulment of marriage under a ground provided by law usually starts the annulment process.

Your BF's wife might file a case against him for bigamy or concubinage, depending on the recommendation of her lawyer. Concubinage is a criminal case, so if there is probable cause, your BF might be incarcerated.

You should seek the advice of a lawyer who is well-versed in family law so that he could give you proper legal advice.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum