Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - Child Support  Empty Child Support Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 am

amayaj

Arresto Menor

Hello, I need your help and advise.

I have a three months daughter she is living with her mom. I would like to know how much is the percentage for support.

Actually I'm supporting with 10k monthly also paying for another miscellaneous so in total I gave her almost 12k per month. Now she started saying that wants 15k because needs to give money to her family to stay with them but I can't pay the 15k since I have as well my own expenses.
She is harassing with demand me and saying that I need to give what she wants if not she will go to my work and let the baby there. Always is saying that will give or send that baby but so far I can't take her because I'm out of the hour almost 12 hours per day and I don't have any relatives here in manila.

Is that fair that high amount she is asking me?? She is not working now and doesn't wants to work, her mom also asked her to work and they can take care of the baby but she didn't accept.
Before she already fooled me when she went to gave birth she said will go to another city and ask me 10k for allowances but never told me the hospital name when I asked her to go, then I noticied that in the birth certificate it say the hospital with was the same on his place so she never went to another city when I asked her why she did that she just says "I had my own valid reasons" that's all and get mad at me being was asking that.

Since she was pregnant I was paying absolutely everything she has not aoported nothing so far and I told her that is both responsibilities not only mine. She is pushing me to also supports the whole family St her house which I consider unfair, we are not married and as I know my responsibility is the baby not everyone.

I'm I right, is she demanding too much? What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

2support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

You are correct on your assumptions. you are not obligated to provide for anyone except your child. IMHO 12k is more than enough for a 3 month old child. Both the parents should provide for the child and not only the father. As long as you are fulfilling your end of the responsibility, you don't need to comply to her demands. Just prepare all of your proof that you are supporting the child to the best of your ability in the event that she sues you.

3support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:43 am

amayaj

Arresto Menor

Hello James

Thank you very much for your response and help, I will keep ready all proof just in case nd I won't give what she wants.
Btw if in case I can need for legal assistance in future, do you have an office or attorney buffet where I can get the services?

Thank you

4support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

attyLLL

did you sign the birth certificate? if not, you are not even legally considered the father.

Keep sending support and retain demonstrable proof that you are sending regular support. this would be your defense in case she claims you are not providing support

Try to negotiate an agreement with the mother, or if that fails, you can consider a family court petition to fix the amount of support and your visitation rights

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm

amayaj

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:did you sign the birth certificate? if not, you are not even legally considered the father.

Keep sending support and retain demonstrable proof that you are sending regular support. this would be your defense in case she claims you are not providing support

Try to negotiate an agreement with the mother, or if that fails, you can consider a family court petition to fix the amount of support and your visitation rights

Hello Atty

Yes i signed the Birth Certificate but so far since she was pregnant i have been support her until now with not fails, so i will your advised and i will try save and keep all the proofs.

Thanks

6support - Child Support  Empty Love and affection, demandable? Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Tisay24

Arresto Menor

Hello. May I know if the mother of the illegitimate child can demand love and affection from the father? She is constantly asking my husband to visit/ call their illegitimate child in her house. whenever she is mad, whenever my husband does not call his child, she is saying that he will sue my husband. Is love and affection a legal ground for her to sue my husband. And me, as a wife, I think it is not proper that my husband will go to her house to be with his illegitimate child. I was thinking that she should give him visitation rights wherein, the child can go out with his father to spend time with him like for example, malling with father, dine outside but definitely not in her house. Can we asked the mother of the illegitimate child this kind of arrangement? is it also proper that she will always sms my husband to call the child, every now and then, asking him when he will come to visit the child. Now that my husband is not working, is she entitled to any of her request.? We are supporting the child financially, only stopped when he resigned from his work. As a wife, I don’t feel comfortable that my husband is staying and seeing his child in her house, I am not also comfortable that she is sending my husband sms anytime of day especially at late night to ask when he will come or call.
Your kind advice is highly appreciated.

7support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

attyLLL

the legal obligation of the father is to the child. none to the mother

8support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:07 am

Tisay24

Arresto Menor

I understand that, atty. but if she is saying that she can file abandonment of his child based on my husband not calling or seeing his child even if he does not have work, does she have any legal grounds for filing that?

9support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 am

attyLLL

as long as he is regularly providing support, and you retained proof of his doing so, he will be able to defend himself against the mother's accusations

10support - Child Support  Empty Re: Child Support Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Tisay24

Arresto Menor

Thanks Attorney! Much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum