Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Acquire property from deceased land owner- no heirs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zencaster

Arresto Menor

Good day attorney!

I have this situation that has been troubling me for a while. We bought our property 5 years ago, all is good and no problems. There is a vacant lot beside our property whose owner is said to be deceased, it was used as a parking space by the previous owner of the property we bought- for decades, they treated it as their property. They even had it fenced.

When we bought the property, we never used the vacant space since we didn't lived here until this year. We did noticed 2 years ago during visits that the fence was removed and a neighbour built a chicken coop and the other part is their parking lot. We can't complain since it was not our land.

As i mentioned earlier, we have the information that the owner of the land is dead, and has no surviving heirs. We have no contact with his family since we do not have any information about them.

What could we do to purchase the land and acquire legal rights over it?

Thanks, and best regards.
Zen

attyLLL

it should revert to the government if there are no heirs. but what you can do is check with the city treasurer's office if realty taxes have been paid. then push the to auction it so you can buy it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Zencaster

Arresto Menor

Thanks for this attorney! We'll check this asap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum