Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights and Privileges of a Major Stockholder in a Corporation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jasperoliver

Arresto Menor

Hi, my colleagues and I are building a startup. As the major stockholder (I own 60% of the company/capital stock), do I have the right to appoint the board of directors and its officers? And when it comes to decision making, do I get the final say? Or would it still be a vote amongst the board of directors? Lastly, what is the minimum number of directors in a corporation? Thank you very much! Laughing

attyLLL

all decisions are made by the board. minimum of 5. you can suggest who will be the board in the bylaws and if the other agree then that's ok, else there can be an election. With 60%, you should be able to get majority. day to day decisions can be delegated to officers

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum