Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHILD SUPPORT FOR ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - CHILD SUPPORT FOR ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN Empty CHILD SUPPORT FOR ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN Tue May 22, 2018 10:04 pm

BIE21

Arresto Menor

I have read a recent post about the subject indicated above and we are very happy that this was explained clearly. However, it was also indicated in Article 201 of the Family Code of the Philippines that when it comes to determining the amount of child support, one of the factors would be the financial capability of the father. The father of my 2 grandchildren has no source of income and never intended to get a stable job for his obligations. He also insisted that my daughter should just be satisfied with what he can give (200 pesos a week and sometimes none). He also has no intentions of settling this with my daughter. Can we still push thru with the complaint if this is the case? If you could please enlighten us with the steps that we need to take for the rights of my grandchildren.

Thank you very much and more power.

2child - CHILD SUPPORT FOR ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN Empty Child Support Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

attorneygeanie

Arresto Menor

You may file a criminal case against him. He is possibly violating the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children Act by deliberately providing the woman's children insufficient financial support.

Such is a public offense, and hence, the penalties are imprisonment and payment of a fine.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum