Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition for rechecking of bar exam in Civil Law..Is there a prescriptive period?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

junsum_2000

Arresto Menor

It's been a long time but my last bar exam results in the 1987 Bar Examination still haunts me until today. With the passing grade fixed at 75%, I got a grade of 74.50% with no grade below 50% in every subject way higher than the grades of those admitted to the Bar in the recent years . If I remember right, only 400 plus out of 2,600 passed the 1987 bar. I went to the Office of the Bar Confidant and was given the chance to examine my examination booklets. To my surprise, my examination booklet in Civil law is very clean with only my grade (65%) written at the box in the cover.There was no grade or mark  on each and every answers unlike the 7 booklets where scores were written on every answers. I contemplated on filing a petition for the rechecking of my exam in Civil Law because it seems that the grade given to me was only a guess work but somewhere, somehow I was discouraged by some lawyers in the office whom I thought are friends.  I decided to work in the US and tried to forget everything about the Bar Exams.. In the past years ,however, the SC has been lenient in adjusting the passing grade to 70%, 71%, 72% and 73% and many bar examinees were admitted to the Bar.To vindicate myself,  I am now thinking of filing a Petition for the rechecking of my Civil Law exam and retrieve my Civil Law examination booklet archived in the Office of the Bar Confidant.Is there a prescriptive period for this action? Does the Equal Protection Clause apply to my case? I would appreciate any opinion on the matter. Thanks.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You need to talk to the OBC officers and ask them what are the steps you can take for your claim to prosper. They are also the ones who are knowledgeable as to the said petition for re-checking, since those are internal rules and very few know about it.

junsum_2000

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice. I'll pay the OBC a visit and see if I still have a chance....

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

If in case the OBC case does not prosper, try going to the Legal Education Board (LEB) office with your previous schooling documents (TOR, Form 137, Undergrad TOR, etc.) so that they can also review your case and check if you have any remedy.

The LEB office has a Facebook page, I think. It has their address and contact number there.

I suggested the LEB in case you are interested in taking the bar exams once more. You might need to enroll in a refresher course since so many new laws have already been enacted since you last took the bar. You may even need to take new subjects, depending on the LEB assessment.

Good luck with your situation, and may your efforts yield favorable results!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum