Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DELA CRUZ vs DE LA CRUZ

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DELA CRUZ vs DE LA CRUZ Empty DELA CRUZ vs DE LA CRUZ Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:58 pm

t!n

Arresto Menor

I am applying to immigrate. Will there be a problem if there is a space in my Last Name in some of my documents? Will an affidavit suffice?

Here's the scenario:

Birth certificate, Passport and School records shows my last name as DE LA CRUZ (space between DE and LA)
Work certificates, national IDs and Marriage Certificate shows DELA CRUZ (no space between DE and LA)
I used DELA CRUZ in my application because that's the spelling that I used from the time I started school up to now that I am working. My wife who is included in the application is also using DELA CRUZ

This has been an ongoing debate with my family members and relatives because even them are using DE LA CRUZ while others are using DELA CRUZ. Tracing it from my grandfather and his siblings, they are using varying spellings too. Actually this is not a spelling issue, it's a space issue. Requesting to update my records in the registrar is not possible because it will not have a clear basis and it will take 3months according to them. I only have 60 days to submit my documents. Also, I want to use DELA CRUZ because that’s what I used in the application and to also match the spelling of my supporter to immigrate.

Hoping to hear from you and shed some light on this matter.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum