Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Notice received from a law office for a credit company filed an Estafa Case

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Polardin

Arresto Menor

Hello to everyone.

I just wanted to ask for advice/help regarding this topic.

I received a final notice from a law firm representative via FB messenger which they say represent a complainant that filed an estafa case against me and I only have 24 hours to contact their office for an out of court settlement could be made.

Well, this is the whole message:
Final Notice:
Notice is hereby given that in obedience to a warrant of arrest to the case pursuant to a criminal liability under estafa, we are giving you 24 hours to contact our office for possible out of court settlement for a complaint filed against you.  

And then the contact numbers are given.

Now my question is a Final Notice?  I was not even given a first, second or third notice.  And mind you, they know my mobile number, and my wife's mobile number so that they could have contacted either one of us.
What warrant of arrest?  Should there be a warrant number or case number for this and why was it not written on the message if it is of grave importance.  This is why I do not know the validity of this message and I informed my wife that I will try to seek legal advice regarding this matter.

On my part I know I had my lapses with regards to payment because I lost my job late 2016 and I got a loan from this credit company and I did pay again so that they could reconstruct my loan. With this credit company, they did not require us to give them post-dated checks as collateral. It was hard times for us for the past 15 months when I did not have a job, but I recently got a job abroad but it's only a short-term contract and it's not actually enough to pay them off.

Dealing with their collectors was tough.  Whenever I would receive calls from them, it was all about getting their money and they did not want to hear my side to the point that it was degrading for me.  I felt worthless. I would receive missed calls and texts from them but only until last September and that was it.  Most of the time I would not reply or answer their calls anymore because I did not have any means of paying them at the time. We live in the province and the collector knew where we were but never showed up at our doorstep to hand over a demand letter.  

I am afraid that this might affect my chances of getting another job abroad if I have an estafa case filed under my name that will make it difficult for me to get an NBI clearance and/or maybe hold by immigration at the airport. Worst, I go to jail.

I do hope someone could help me and give sound legal advice with regards to this matter.

Last edited by Polardin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional comments)

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

FB messenger is not a legal means of serving notice. Ask them the case number of your case and which court it was filed. then check there if you really have a case.

most probably this message you receive is just scare tactic by the collection agency.

Confused0106

Arresto Menor

Hi,

This is a follow up on my inquiry last week. Thank you AttyLLL for your swift response regarding my questions back then.

To give you an overview, I was charged of violation of Sec 19 paragraph b(1) RA 8239 last December 16, 1999 with a recommended bail of 30,000.00php. Prior to that there was a "RESOLUTION" made last November 10, 1999 stating that I failed to appear despite due notice and shall be punished by a fine of not less than 15,0000.00php nor more than 60,000.00 and imprisonment.

My question atty is if ever I decided to pay the recommended bail amount, will I still be imprisoned? Quite confused with the "fine" and "imprisonment". Please tell me what to do in order to clear my name.

Note: The incident happened last 1998. Resolution was made November 1999.

Sincerely,

Confused0106

4credit - Final Notice received from a law office for a credit company filed an Estafa Case Empty Inpaid creditcard balance Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Angelofmine008

Arresto Menor

Good pm atty i have outstanding balance in my rcbc bankard..for three months..first i got a letter fron collection agent twice i did not txt the number because i have no money to make promises..until i decide to call them and ask for a payment arrangement..but then lagi nila sinasabi saken sira system they just ask my name and presto wala dq lumalabas and choppy un pag uusapay diprensya linya nila..i was a little bit confused how come na sira ang system but nakakapagpadala sila saken ng notice at mulang aanga anga un kausap ko..after two days i recieved a txt from alleged telan law fi asking me to pay in full..i recived two txt for two consecutive days..on the third day they sait final notice na daw yun...but yesterday i recieved an emaol from that law firm asking me that they gave me five days to settle the qhole amount or else they qill bring it ti court and will require me to oay the 10℅ atty fee and anither 10℅ para sa kaso...

Aak ko lang po
Madami po akong utang nahuhulugan ko
Kaya wala po ako maibayad sa ngaun dito s rcbc
Dalawa po card ko sa kanila un isa maliit lang amout
Un isa medyu malaki

Gusto ko na nga po tanungin kun ikukulung ba ko e magpapakulung na po ako para matapus na

Ask ko po atty kunsakali po na hindi ako makabayad sa takdang araw n ibinigay nila
Madadala po ba nila agad sa korte ito katulad ng sinasabi nya?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum