Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

closed credit card re-open by imitating principal holder

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaceejoef

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My mom has a credit card (principal) and my aunt was under her (secondary).

My mom decided to close her credit card account because of personal issues (another story).

Weeks after my mom found out that my aunt re-open her closed account via the customer support without my mom's knowledge. Apparently, my aunt re-open her account as pretending to be my mom.

The next banking day, my mom immediately close my aunt's account again. When my mom ask the bank if my aunt can open the account again, the bank said that since my aunt knows my mom's personal info then she probably can.

Now, what should we do?

attyLLL

Send an email or better a letter with proof receipt to the bank stating that you are permanently closing the account due to fraud committed by a third person and that if you were to re-open, it should be done personally at their bank with due presentation of proof of identity.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jaceejoef

Arresto Menor

thank you for your reply.

my mom just called the bank's customer support and they said that the account is already tagged or noted as fraud. they gave an assurance that the account won't be open again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum