Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need to change RDO if self employed?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

I had a business that I haven't closed yet. Soon I will be employed and I can't change my RDO. Questions:
1. Is it ok to just leave my RDO where it is right now ?
2. If so, what are the repercussions?
3. Is it true that if I have my business "end dated" at the city hall where it is located and not yet close the business (as it will take a large sum of money) , I will not be able to use my TIN for 5 years even when it is my personal TIN that I used in my sole proprietor biz?

Thanks in advance

2Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:51 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. you do not have to change RDO unless your business is going to transfer or you have to change residences.
2.none
3. what do you mean end dated? did you file for closure but still continued to operate? if so then you have to pay the right taxes plus penalties and interests. no you can still use your tin.

3Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

I have shut down business but haven't legally closed it yet with both city hall and bir. I have been advised to have my business "end dated" with city hall to avoid incurring more penalties. But I have been told that in doing this, i could not use my TIN anymore for 5 years. I don't know why since a person can only have one TIN in his lifetime.

So now that I will have a new employer, employer wants my RDO changed to their RDO.
1. if I don't change RDOs, new employer can't file my taxes? I will have to file my own taxes?
2. Penalties and open cases are too much for me to pay, is there a tax amnesty program I can use?
3. Since I can not yet change RDOs coz business is still not legally closed, i will still use my old RDO for my taxes with new employer who has a different RDO than mine?
4. I really want for my taxes to be in compliance with bir now, but I would need to legally close my business which I can't still do as the process is tedious and I don't have the money that they will be asking (as per accountant, though I was given only an estimate and not sure how much professional fee was included). Is there a way to go about this?

4Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:33 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. again you have to tell me what end dated means.

5Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

From what I have been told, it means putting an end to the business but not really closing it yet as closing it entails paying off all penalties and open cases.

I think it is done at city hall to stop more penalties and open cases from accumulating.

6Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:47 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

so you will tell city na you are no longer operating but you will not be filing for closure?

7Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:51 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Closure will eventually be done, but for now end date muna

8Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

no. I mean end date means ba that you will be filing some sort of suspension of operations but not closure?

9Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:13 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Yes 😀

10Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yeah but the thing is hindi pwedeng mag suspend ng TIN ang city hall. Bir ang may hawak ng tin.

1. Technically since hindi ka "purely from compensation income" hindi ka qualified sa substituted filing. So yes your employer cannot file on your behalf and you have to do it on your own.
2. depends ano ba type of taxes ang deficient ka? ie VAT, w/taxes, IT, municipal taxes?
3. yes your employer can still withhold taxes from your salary. hindi naman sinusulat kung san rdo ang employee eh. sinusulat lang ang tin.
4. wala naman major fees involved in closing. although matagal lang and may audit. You would only entail major costs if you were "hiding" stuff during your business operations

11Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:37 am

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Well, I can't say I've been truthful in filing taxes. I had an accountant who does all the stuff that my business needed.

And I don't think I have anymore sales receipts and tax receipts with me. I did away with all those stuff when I shut down my biz not thinking it will come to haunt me now. Hehe.

Pwede ba magfile online for my salaries as employee Or do I go to my RDO pa?

What are the other things to consider if I just leave the biz be as it is? Is it better if I file "no income" every month? And file another one as an employee?

Salamat talaga sa patience in answering.

12Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:10 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes you can write your rdo and request na ma enroll ka sa efps para online ka nalang mag file.
you still have to file every month even if no income, if not may may penalties for not filing.
consolidated na ang pag file. magkasama kasi sole prop naman diba?

13Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Yes, sole prop.
Regarding sa request magonline, kelangan ko pa pumunta sa RDO site magrequest?

And hopefully one last question...haha..Kung magstart ako magfile ng no income for the succeeding months, paano na lang ung mga ibang months na Hindi ako nakapagfile. Since nagsara ako ng store, di na ako nagfile ng anuman

Thanks a lot lukekyle. I really appreciate your help.

14Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. You need to send them a letter of request. Pwedeng thru mail if gutso mo but im not sure how efficient they are (baka mawala or ma misplace). I dont know if you can request thru email or website. Perhaps you need to call them.

2. Pwede ka mag file now para dun sa mga months na you didn't file. If 0 naman lahat yun, i think 500 or 100 lang ang penalty per filing. But better ask the BIR im not 100% sure about the penalties. Make sure you keep on filing till closed na yung business. The penalties carries jail terms for not filing.

15Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Jail?!?! Uh oh.

I've been reading stuff about tax amnesty and compromise settlement.

Is this good to avail?
Or is it for big companies only?

Questions again. Hehe sorry!

16Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

usually yung filing of cases are only last resorts. if you fail to substantiate/justify/compromise/pay penalties etc. compute mo muna everything you have to pay + penalities + interest. then make tawad. baka mag offer ng tax amnesty sa 1st quarter

17Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Okay, looking forward to it.

Thanks much. 😀😀😀

18Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Sino_ako

Arresto Menor

Another question. Re salaries below P250,000 p.a. which is not taxable, do we need to file monthly taxes with bir?

19Need to change RDO if self employed? Empty Re: Need to change RDO if self employed? Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if purely compensation income ka from one employer he will do it for you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum