Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legality on signing a board resolution

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1resolution - legality on signing a board resolution Empty legality on signing a board resolution Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 pm

len_rev

Arresto Menor

may i ask please if a board resolution is supposed to be signed by all board members and if it is required to have it notarized? or can the corporate secretary just sign the board resolution?

attyLLL

a board resolution is supposed to be recorded in the minutes of a meeting of the board of directors. the sec cert merely quotes from these minutes. It is not required to be notarized, but has greater weight when it is. that's the by the book answer.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

len_rev

Arresto Menor

thank you for your reply.... do the board members have to sign the minutes of the board meeting which was prepared by the corporate sec or just the corporate sec's signature is required?

attyLLL

minutes are not invalid if they are not signed but have greater evidence of authenticity if they are.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5resolution - legality on signing a board resolution Empty resolution of minutes...HELP! Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:23 pm

harveigh

Arresto Menor

Good evening atty!
I just want your advice on this:
I'm the newly appointed secretary in our church organization and it is all over visayas and mindanao. I replaced the secretary who just passed away and she was the only one who knew the previous records and the flow of everything. The bulky files were handed to me and I was totally puzzled since there's no soft copy of everything. The head of the org asked me to review the previously passed resolutions so that it will never be new resolutions again. My question is, was the resolution passed, like more than 20 years ago be considered effective if there would be same motion raised today?...and how long should the resolution will last?...(just to give you the info, the minutes dates include as early as 1980) You're advice would help us a lot. thanks! GOdbls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum